12. The Two Unique Students

Takasugi and Katsura always came to Shoka Sonjuku. Would Takasugi always be a dojo-challenger or would he be something more and what about Katsura? What will they become to (Y/N)? Let's find out Reader-san.

"Give it a rest already. How many times are you gonna show up as a dojo-challenger?", Gintoki said out of frustration.

"As many times as it takes to win", Takasugi said.

••••••••••••••••••

At Takasugi's school

"What's with Takasugi lately?", A boy sitting in front of Takasugi spoke. The other boy sitting beside the first boy replied, "His look is finally starting to match with his status".

At Takasugi's house

"SHINSUKE!!", Takasugi's father said after hitting Takasugi very badly, " What the hell are you doing and where!? The next time you cause a problem, you will be disowned. Sit there and cool your head. Think about what it means to be a Samurai! Jimbei! Don't feed him!!"

••••••••••••••••••

The Orange-Red Sun was about to set and you were sitting at the roof of the Shrine admiring the beautiful view. Even though you were weak against Sun, you didn't hate it. And Moreover, the Sun in this world was very big and bright compared to that of the real world. You always felt relaxed here and the air here was also sweet. Suddenly, you heard some footsteps and you quietly but swiftly jumped off the roof and hid among the branch of a tree.

It was good that whoever was coming up the stairs didn't notice you. You looked down to see that it was Takasugi who came to the Shrine. His injuries weren't fully healed but he looked fine. He just sat there with a distant look in his eyes which made you wonder that if something had happened.

You were contemplating whether or not you should go and talk to him when you heard another footstep coming up. The one who came up was Katsura and in his hand there was some... Onigiri (Rice balls)?

"Stupid Grandma. I told her I only eat rice balls with plum filling, so why did she use tuna mayo? Oh, well. I guess I'll leave it at the shrine as an offering. ", saying that Katsura left the Onigiri in front of Takasugi and was about to leave.

"Katsura....Didn't your Grandma die a long time ago?", Takasugi said and Katsura stopped in his tracks.

"Takasugi, did you find something?"

"Not a thing. But I realized that I'm weak. I realized that there are lots of stronger guys out there.... Then, at the very least, I want to become a stronger Samurai than them. "

Katsura went away without saying anything. Takasugi started to eat the Onigiri. You wondered whether you should stay here or just go back to school. After some time, deciding to do the latter, you were about to quietly climb down the tree without alerting Takasugi, when you fell down from the tree branch. It was a good thing that you regained your balance before falling down, otherwise, you would had hurt yourself.

You just silently prayed to God wishing that Takasugi hasn't noticed you and when you opened your eyes, to your amusement, Takasugi was staring at you, shocked and scared at the sudden interruption. Well, you somehow managed to scare the fearless Takasugi. But, now, as you think back, anyone would be frightened when they saw someone jumping out of a tree and stand in front of them.

"Oh, hi, Takasugi, didn't see you there. Well, it is time for me to go back. Bye!", you said and was about to go back.

"Wait", Takasugi called out to you and you just smiled at him. "Did you heard it all?"