2

Day 1

Yesterday went by pretty quickly. Your boss explained to you about what you were going to do and gave an order to be back at 9 am sharp.

You woke up at 8.35.

"Frick!" You exclaimed as you saw your busted alarm clock. You had around 5 minutes to get ready because it's a 20-minute walk to get there.

You live in a small town. Roads are not common here. People chose to walk on foot or use bikes to get anywhere. Houses were lined up just a few feet away from the ocean. There is not a lot of people living here, which is why everybody knew each other.

School and other public facilities were in another area in the city. You didn't like all the vehicle noises and large crowds there. You prefer peace and security near the beach. It was calm and you loved hearing the sounds of waves crashing against the rocks just outside your house.

But enough of that. You need to get ready.

You took a very quick shower and put on some clothes. You grabbed your bag and ran downstairs to the kitchen to make some toast so you could eat on the way there. You said goodbye to your parents and slipped on a pair of sandals.

You stepped out of your house and onto the warm sand. The sun was up and shining quite brightly.

You looked at your phone. It was 8.54.

"Shit." It looks like your not going to eat your toast now.

You broke into a sprint and somehow managed to arrive one minute before 9 o'clock. You bent over and leaned on your knees as you panted in exhaustion.

'Someone give me a medal because I probably won the Olympics or something.' You thought.

You controlled your breathing and wiped the beads of sweat that were gathering on your brows. Once you stood up, you saw everyone watching you. You coughed into your fist and gave an innocent smile. They shook your head at you and carried on to what they were doing before.

When they weren't looking, you stuck your tongue out playfully.

"Miss L/n?" You slipped your tongue back in and turned around.

Your boss stood there, arms crossed and eyebrows raised. You laughed nervously and rubbed the back of your neck.

"At least I'm not late." You said sheepishly.

"Well, you- Nevermind. Come on, let's get your uniform."

You followed him around into a storage room. He picked up a box from a shelf and handed it to you.

"These are your supplies. They are now yours and your responsibility. If you lose this, we will not replace it."

"Okay." You answered skeptically.

"First, you will change your clothes into the ones in here. After that, you will meet me outside of the Mer Sector. Got it?" he said.

You nodded. "Yup."

He left you alone after that. You lifted the box up to your face and shook it a little. You can hear something rattling inside. You opened it and the first thing you saw was your new uniform. It was a blue-ish green (Tosca?) colored shirt with the company logo on the top front left, grey pants, and the white coat that you saw doctors and scientists wore.

You looked around. No one was here, no camera's either. You shrugged.

"The heck with it." You locked the door and changed your clothes.

Once you put them on you could finally see yourself. The shirt fits perfectly, the pants came to your knees but you had a feeling that they were designed that way. You slipped on the coat and did a little turn.

"I look great." You said confidently.

You looked at the other stuff that was in the box, there was a medical kit, a stethoscope, a few bottles filled with colored liquid, and white rubber gloves.

Remembering what your boss told you before, you shut the lid and stuffed the clothes you wore before in your bag. You picked up the box in your arms and went outside. You wandered around aimlessly as you tried to find out where the heck was the entrance to the dome-shaped building you saw yesterday.

You bumped into someone when you walked around a corner. Both of you stepped backward. Well, you stepped back and the person you bumped into jumped back with a scared yelp.

"Gah! What the- Oh, hey." The person greeted.

He was a boy with chocolate brown hair and ocean blue eyes. Next to him was a girl with dark black hair and bright blue eyes. They were wearing formal outfits, perhaps they were managers or a person in a higher position.

"Hi there. Sorry to bump into you." You apologized.

"No worries. I'm Sam and this is Mikaela, you must be the new employee we heard about," he said.

You nod your head. "Got that right. I'm Y/n L/n, can you two help me out? I got lost and I'm supposed to meet the boss in front of the Mer Sector. Do you know where that is?"

"Sure we do. Just take the first right down the left hallway, you'll see one elevator there, take it and go to the Ground floor. You won't miss it." Mikaela explained.

You repeated what she said under your breath and gave a smile at them. "Thanks! I better get going. Bye!"

"Bye Y/n!"

"See you later!"