15

Day 8 (Week 1 -Done)

"Someone killed him."

You choked on your cookies and slammed your fist on the table as you tried to breathe. That was not the news you needed to hear on the day you get back to work. It was supposed to be a relaxing day. It's Sunday for God's sake.

"What." You rasped, chest heaving and eyes wide as you looked at Ironhide. "The frick?"

He repeated what he said.

You stared at him in horror.

. . .

Today started normally.

You woke up late.

Again.

Of course.

You took a bath. You made breakfast for your parents and yourself. Scrambled eggs and bacon. The bacon was a bit burnt though.

You ate breakfast. You ran to the facility and managed to be there right at 9 o'clock.

Sam introduced you to the teenage volunteers. They are currently working in the 1A area. Which is where the turtles are.

You greeted the Autobot pod with a large smile and lots of hugs, even though your shirt isn't dry anymore since you had to submerge half-way in the water. But it was totally worth it.

You practically jumped on Optimus. Wrapping your arms around his neck, legs on the side of his hips and burying your face in his neck. You regretted doing that after a few seconds because you didn't get a secure grip on him and almost fell in the water. He gave a low laugh and hugged you back, an arm under you and the other splayed across the small of your back.

Ratchet fussed over you a bit, complaining that even if he doesn't have a lot of medical knowledge about humans, he cares. You waved his hands away from where he was squishing your cheeks and laughed. He looked at you with gentle eyes and playfully flicked your forehead.

Ironhide gave a pat on your head and smirked. "Congratulations on living."

You didn't want to question him on why he asked that. But you took the praise with open arms as you tried to hug him. He was obviously taller and larger than you so you had trouble clinging onto his neck so you settled on wrapping your arms around his middle.

Prowl and Jazz were next. The duo gave you quick hugs. Jazz giving your head a small kiss and Prowl ruffling your hair.

Bluestreak and Bumblebee cried when they hugged you. Saying that they were afraid you'd die and never come back. You are their friend and they never want to see you hurt like that again or they'll stop playing with you.

You tried not to laugh at the silly threat and hugged them both tightly. They asked you if you liked the present they gave you and you replied with a 'Like it? No. I freaking love it!'. Then you showered them both with kisses all over their faces.

You showed them a picture you took of the rock they sent you a few days ago. The precious thing now has a special spot on your bedside table. It was placed on a small pillow you found and set beside your lamp so that you could look at it every time you went to sleep and every time you wake up.

Yes, you were soft for the babies.

After you hugged all of the Mers, each in their own way and some scolding you or greeting you happily.

Then you took your time getting comfortable in your office, getting a bag of cookies that you bought from the convenience store near your house, and started eating them while you scrolled through your social media account.