7

A/n: I'M ALIVE! AND I'M HAPPY TO BE BACK!

- - - - -

"I think so," Miles answered. He left you alone with the Mer to clean up the debris around you.

'Whydidheleaveohgoshdarnitthisissoawkwardidontknowwhattodo!'

You looked at the Mer, you are a doctor after all. It's kinda your responsibility to assist the injured here. You didn't get paid for sitting on your desk scrolling through cute pictures of animals. Even if you did want that to happen. But it won't.

With a sigh, you stepped closer to the Mer. You noticed how he tensed up and gave you a murderous glare. He tried to move but his injuries didn't allow him to. He hissed in pain and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Hey. Um..." You trailed off. "I'm going to help you now. I hope you don't mind."

The Mer opened one eye to look at you for a moment. Then he gave a grumble and clicked something at you. He let his arms unwrap from his stomach and looked away from you.

You anxiously opened the medical kit and peered what's inside. There were the usual medicine and tools that you saw in your medical kit but the only difference is that there were metal chains there too.

You lifted up the chains and froze as you heard a threatening growl. The silver Mer recoiled away from you and bared his fangs. You lowered it back in and the Mer stopped growling but still stayed where he is. You lift it up again and the same thing happened. You lowered it and he turned back to normal.

You covered your mouth with your hand to stifle the laughter that was bubbling in your chest.

He looked like a cat in one of those funny cat videos you saw.

No! Now it's not the time- FoCuS!

You looked at the chain disturbingly then decided to do something. You picked up the chains and threw it to the far side of the room.

The Mer was surprised by your act. The fins on his head lowered as his good wing twitched behind him. His posture relaxed and he looked at you in obedience, waiting for you to help him.

You gave him a crooked smile. You didn't know what you just did but it helped so what the heck.

You maneuvered around him and started checking his injuries before gently dabbing a cloth drenched with alcohol. He hissed in pain but otherwise, he didn't move an inch. You stitched the cuts together along with his tail fin and wings.

You noticed that you had an audience. Judging by the splashes and growls, they were the rest of the pod.

Soon enough, the Mer was patched up and wrapped with waterproof bandages. You moved back from where you crouched and watched with a happy heart as he moved his limbs and wings freely but he gave a wince when he moved his fin wrong.

"Sure, it hurts now but it'll feel better in a few weeks." You smiled.

The Mer gave you a wary glance then looked away. "My thanks, human." He mumbled quietly.

Your smile grew wider. "No problem!"

Then you're turned around to face the rest of the pod. One thing you realized. They all have red eyes while the other pod has blue eyes.

Curious.

"Anyone else needs help?" You raised an eyebrow.

The next 3 hours we're spent patching up the rest of the pod. They were all being ridiculously stubborn. Some gave angry glares at you while others stayed quiet but looked at you intensely while you worked.

You noticed a large silver one glaring at you with hard red eyes from the back of the murky pool. He was one of the first Mers that you healed. His right arm got hit by a fallen beam that got loose by the explosion. He was quiet through the whole thing but gave a few growls when you got to close.

You flashed him a quick smile then looked at the Mer you were tending in front of you. You didn't see the silver Mer's surprised face when you did that. He gave an inquisitive look after.

You continued to bandage up and treat the Mers one by one. A red mech was fussing over his scales to a larger red and blue one. You noticed that only one of his optics were functioning.

A thin purple one was huddled around a small cluster of sea animals and two younger mechs. When he noticed you looking, he raised his head and watched you from behind his visor. At least, that's what you think he was doing.

There was a group of similar-looking mechs talking to one another. They were all purple-colored with a red strip of glass for a visor. They talked animatedly with each other, gesturing everywhere with their tails splashing behind them.

There were fewer Mers now than before. You guessed that they went back underwater. You just hoped that you managed to heal everyone and that no one was left out.

You saw Miles sweeping up the broken glass beside the pool. He gave you a nervous smile and a thumbs up. You rolled your eyes at him.

The first Mer you patched up was talking to the large silver one. Two other Mers with wing-like fins we're standing behind the previously injured winged Mer. They looked at you once in a while as they conversed.

You finished treating the last Mer. This one was black and white, he almost looks the same as Prowl, emotionless face, strict posture and all.

He was one of the quiet ones during his treatment, only giving occasional grunts when you dab alcohol on his cuts. You gave him a soft pat on the shoulder. You watched as he looked down at his bandaged torso then up at you before giving a brief nod at you then dived underwater.

You grinned, feeling accomplished. Standing up to give feelings back to your limbs, you stretched. You gave a content sigh as you heard a pop on your back. You used the back of your hand to wipe off the sweat gathering on your brows and forehead.

You packed up the first aid kit that you used and stuffed the damp rags and towels in a basket to take out later. You blinked warily and looked at the time on your phone.

4.35 pm.

A few more hours until you could go home. You yawned and used a hand to hover over your mouth. You walked over to the small office similar to the one in the opposite room and placed the kit on the table before going to a sink that was bolted on a wall and washed your hands.

You made sure to use a lot of soap and scrubbed the tips of your fingers to your elbows. Then you rinsed and dried your hands on a towel hung on a metal bar beside the sink.

After you did that, you stumbled over to the chair, crossed your arms on the desk, rested your head in them and directly fell asleep.

This was only the second day...

You need a big tub of ice cream when you get home.