Part 15

I woke up on the rug in front of the fire, my head nesting in Aidan’s lucky chest hair and the fluffy blanket attached to my leg by some sticky substance.

I lifted my head a little to look around. My clothes were strewn across the couch, along with Aidan’s. The fire had died down to smouldering coals, but the room was warm enough for this to suffice. Through the condensation on the windows, I could see that the sun had risen.

I relaxed. I had no deadlines or pressing responsibilities today. I could sleep on the floor all day with this naked man and not feel I was shirking something, except perhaps a shower.

Aidan was stirring beneath me. Bloody hell, the man’s whole body was stirring. I felt his lips in my hair and his fingers gently stroking my back.

“I knew it was too delightful to be a dream. You are amazing, sweetheart.” Aidan’s lips touched mine, in a burning kiss that felt familiar. How many kisses had we shared overnight to make me accustomed to his touch? Did it matter?

I shifted on top of him, so only my knees, shins and toes touched the rug beneath him.

Aidan gave a gasp. “How do you feel about trying for one more time before breakfast?”

I feel like I’m on fire, with a fierce blaze that has nothing to do with whiskey or the embers in the fireplace. I didn’t say the words. I simply smiled and shifted my hips, as Aidan sighed with pleasure.