What Happened to Narcissa?

-I'm terrible I know... I really suck at keeping up with things, but I'm trying. Enjoy the chapter!-

~Draco's Pov~

He asked me about my mother.. In all honesty, I try not to think about it. It was a truly terrible thing, and reliving it was quite painful, but I get it, Harry needed to know. He had the right to as well.

"Well, It started after the war.." I said.

                  ~Flashback, Third person~

(Warning, mentions of abuse and torture.)

He was coming into the Manor after his trail. Potter had testified for him and his mother and the Ministry let them off on probation, but his father wasn't as lucky. The minute him and Narcissa walked in they were greeted with a fuming Lucius. He had seen his father like this only one other time, but even that didn't compare to now. He grabbed Draco by the hair and threw him to the ground. He pulled out his cane and hit him with a sickening crack.

"Think it's funny do you?!!? I get to spend the rest of my life in Azkaban while you two run free!!" he screamed manically. Draco didn't know what came over him in that moment, but he stood up and glared at his father.

"You deserve it. You put this family through hell for your beliefs. We wanted nothing to do with the Dark Lord! You deserve worse than Azkaban. Worse than death. There is a special place in hell for Lucius Malfoy." he growled. He didn't care what happened to him in that moment. As long as his mother was safe. But Lucius seemed to understand that. He smirked and grabbed them both an dragged them to the dungeons. 

    he said nothing as he chained Draco to the wall and Narcissa to the chair. He said nothing as he beat her, making Draco watch. Or as he used curse after curse on her. As she screamed and thrashed, pleading for mercy. All he did was laugh. A sickening and twistedly dark laugh. One that would make dementors retreat in fear. Draco screamed and thrashed against the chains, trying to save his mother. She was the only person who'd ever shown him love, and whom he'd ever loved in return. Lucius suddenly stopped. The Aurors were here! they were saved. They burst into the dungeon and preformed a body bind on his father. The Aurors undid his and his mothers chains, but Narcissa was apparated to St. Mangos Hospital before he could say anything.

    A month later he received his 8th year Hogwarts letter. He went to visit his mother to share the good news. He got a second chance. She would be so happy for him. But when he got there, the doctors told him some bad news.

"We're sorry Mr. Malfoy. She is unresponsive. It could take years of physical and mental therapy. We believe she has formed a severe case of PTSD, depressive disorder, minor type one bipolar disorder,  and psychosis. She may never leave here." 

Draco had broken down. He couldn't even see his mother until a month after school started. Now he knew how Longbottom felt. With parents tortured so badly they may never get better. his life was different now.

                                  ~Flashback over~

I looked up at Harry. He was crying and he moved over to me and hugged me. It was different. I hugged back and choked back a sob threatening to come forward. 

"I am so sorry Draco." he whispered. We sat there for a while until he pulled away.

"What's your favorite dinner?" he asked randomly.

"Um.. Filet Mingon and Stuffing?" he said questioningly. "why?"

"Well, I'm a pretty good cook, and you definitely need a cheer-up, so I'm gonna cook for you." he sprung up and to the kitchen. He was in there for about two hours, but it was worth the wait. It was so delicious. 

"Wow! where the hell did you learn to cook like this?!" I asked, it truly was amazing.

"Well, I was basically a house elf  before Hogwarts. So I picked up a few things I guess.." he shrugged. he must've seen the confused look cause he said "I'll explain another day." he laughed. I nodded and finished my food.

"Well, I'm exhausted. Good night Harry." I smiled

"Goodnight Draco." he said. I walked off to my room and fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.

~I hope you enjoyed! I'm gonna try and create an upload schedule, but we'll see.~