Chapter 3

Nicole

Nicole

I woke at at 4:30 a.m so I could get on the road. I got out of bed and stretched before heading into the connecting bathroom to do my daily routine and shower.

I had to get my soap and face stuff out my traveling makeup bag since I had packed everything up last night.

I was surviving off 2 hours of sleep, I knew I would have to stop and get some coffee or something.

I was walking towards the bathroom when I heard my phone ringing. I went to pick it up and seen that it was Cyan, my bestie.

I answered and she appeared on my screen smiling.

"Wow I cant believe you really going back to Chicago so soon. I'm so happy for you for getting accepted I just wish we had a little more time to spend together." She spoke.

I started laughing because the whole time she was talking she never stopped smiling.

"You not done are you? Wassup?"

"Well I was thinking that I should ride with you. That way you won't have to drive by yourself. I could just fly back home when I'm ready. And I'll stay in a hotel cause I know you staying with your sister."

"Mmmm" I said looking up like I was actually thinking. Of course she can come. I had to lead her on a little before telling her that though.

"Well I guess you can come." I said playfully rolling my eyes.

"Ehhh I was coming anyway." She laughed before hanging up.

I laughed a little too and finished doing what I needed to do. After I was finish I went and woke my
sister up so she could help me pack my car up.

After 30 minutes of back and forth trips I had literally packed everything from clothes to shoes to drugs. EVERYTHING was packed and ready to go.

I made my sister a little gift box a few days ago since I wasn't going to be here on her birthday. She was turning 16 and all she wanted from me was some air pods and her first 3.5 to smoke with her bestfriend Joseline on the day of her birthday. I also packed some backwoods in the gift basket because I knew she wouldn't be able to buy her own.

There was also candy, a pair of all white ones, some underclothes from pink, 2 pairs of Ethika's and some bath and body works. I spoiled my little sister. But she deserved it. She wasn't fast and she was great in school. So I had no problem with giving her everything she wanted.

After everything was packed into my car, I looked around my empty room and almost shed a few tears. I was sad that I was leaving this early, I didn't even get to wish my consistent clients a proper goodbye.
This shit wasn't fair but what could I do about it?

I took the box in Nari's room and put it on her bed. I left and walked down the stairs along with my last suitcase and ran into my dad.

"So you couldn't just pick from the other schools? You could've went anywhere Nicole. Any fucking where." He spat looking at me

"It's not your life. You don't have control over me anymore. Not once have you just looked at it like damn my daughter really going to college. A good one at that. You so fucking fried in the head dude. I wish my fucking momma was here."

Anger flourished across his face as he lifted his hand and slapped me before I got another word out.

"Yea bitch i'm happy you leaving. Goodluck with that life shit on your own. You think you slick you only going to Chicago to be with your fast ass sisters. All they ass was some fucking teen moms and could never be shit great in life. Go to Chicago, go fuck with them boys who just gone fuck you and leave you wondering why a man will never love you. BYE." He yelled pushing me to the door.

By now my sister Nari was at the stairs crying and our maid Linda was walking through the door.

She seen the tears on my sisters face then seen the hand print on my face that was drenched with tears and shook her head.

"Really. Stop putting your hands on this child. I can't believe you. This child is nothing but great and every chance you get you beat on her. This stops NOW. This stops TODAY." Linda yelled

She was the only person who could talk to my dad that way. I loved Linda and was sad to be leaving her and Nari but it's clear i've overstayed my welcome.

"It's fine. What's a dad if he can't even support his daughter with one of the most challenging decisions of her life. What's a dad when he abuses me everytime he doesn't hear something he likes. And you were right DAD I probably will be left wondering why a man will never love me. And that because the man who was supposed to love me, failed me." I said with a face full of tears.

I hugged Linda and kissed my little sisters forehead before walking outside and hopping in my all black jeep. I slammed the car door and banged my fist into the steering wheel over and over again until I heard my car door open.

I looked through my blurry eyes and seen that it was Linda. She reached into the car and hugged me letting me cry on her shoulder just like a mother would do.

Love was all I needed in this life. And our maid was the one left to give it to me.

________________________
Chapter 3 😬

How y'all feeling?

Why her daddy so abusive towards her?

What will happen once she gets to Chicago?

Cyan, 18, Nicole Bestfriend

Joselin, 16, Nari's bestfriend