This Delinquent Has A Secret...♥ (4)

I stared in the mirror, tying up my brown hair in a messy bun.

I added some mascara and eyeliner to hi-light my green eyes and decided to wear some skinny jeans and a blue and white striped v-neck sweater. 

Today I didn't wake up late, so I actually had time for my makeup routine! Surprise, right?

I was definitely nervous about today. I would have to face Ash and his little gang of bad-boy delinquents. And I distinctly remember him saying "I'll be back," yesterday, after he punched me. 

I hoped he wasn't going to beat me up full time today.

Okay, I guess my Mom was right. I couldn't let hot bad-boy delinquents walk all over me. But he really looked dangerous, and I was scared. At least I would get to talk to Lynna today.

I waved by to my Mom after eating a blueberry muffin.

"Bye, Mackenzie. Please try not to get punched today," my Mom said, giving me a look. I rolled my eyes. "You know, I'm beginning to wonder who's side your one. You make it seem like I wanted to be punched!" 

"Sure, Mackenzie. Go, or you'll be late!" I left, slamming the door behind me.

I didn't want to be yelled at by that awful Mrs. Gyrodane. She was such a frog. 

I made my way to the center and opened the door, forcing a smile at Frog Lady. 

She pursed her lips at me. "Oh, you came back, did you. I thought Ash would have driven you away by now." 

I tried not to roll my eyes. "You don't seem so happy about it." I muttered as I walked past her. I hoped she didn't hear me. 

I entered the main hall and looked around for Ash, finding him in a group of people. I walked towards him, slightly pissed off from the day before, but mostly determined. I was going to make friends with this idiot, no matter how hard it turned out to be.

He glared at me as I approached him. "Oh, its you." he muttered. His friend, whom I recognized as Cole, turned towards me.

Cole had floppy blonde hair, forest green eyes, and a mischievous smile. He grinned at me. "Hey, Kenzie." Oddly, I smiled. Usually, I hated being called Kenzie, but i kind of liked this boy. 

"Hi, Cole." He seemed nice enough anyways. Unlike Ash. 

One of Ash's other friends turned towards me as well. He had dark, spiky hair and brown eyes, and was wearing black skinny jeans, an armband and a leather jacket. He scowled at me. "What a who*re." he muttered. Then he walked away.

"PMSing man," I muttered, and Cole laughed.

"Good one. I don't know why Ash doesn't like you," he said. "You're pretty cool. But Ash only likes the partners who are typical sl*ts." 

Ash narrowed his eyes. "Don't push it, mate." He growled.

I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Ash, just shut up. Why are you so damn moody all the time?"

Ash glared at me, and his lip ring glinted in the light suddenly.

I felt the urge to touch him, then. He really was good looking, in that emo kind of way. No wonder he ran the school.

I was jerked out of my thoughts when he answered me in his smooth, but angry voice.

"Because I have to hang around people like you." 

I concentrated on injecting as much venom as possible into my voice. "Well you better get used to it, little girl." 

Cole smirked, and turned away. 

"Kenzie, i think we're going to be good friends." He held out his hand for me to take, and I took it. "I think you are thinking what I'm thinking." We walked off, leaving Ash behind.

When we were out of hearing distance from him, I started talking. "So why are you being so nice to me? I thought you were a bad-boy and all." 

Cole snorted. "What, bad-boys can't be nice? I mean, unless you want me to be nasty to you. I can easily do that." His green eyes pierced into mine.

"No, it's okay," I said, blushing.

Did I like Cole?

He grinned at me. "Alright, then don't complain. Sorry about what happened yesterday, with the food fight. But their kind of my thing." I shook my head. 

"No, it's fine. I love getting chocolate chips pelted at me." 

He smiled, looking at the floor.

I realized we were still holding hands and I pulled away just as Aima walked into the room.

"Pair up, everybody!" She said, grinning. I waved bye to Cole and went to stand across from Ash, who was, as usual glaring. 

"Right, guys. We're going to be going out today, to the mall. You'll be with your partner, and your partner only. You need to learn how to make friends!" At this she eyed me and Ash, who were sending death glares to each other. 

We filed out of the room, and I chatted to Lynna on the ride to the mall.

***

Finally, it was just me and Ash in a huge mall, as everyone dispersed with their partners. 

Great. 

Just abso-freaking-loutley great.

Ash stared at me coldly. "So, you and Cole huh?" He asked as we walked around aimlessly. I sighed as a gaggle of blonde girls started drooling at Ash.

"No, not me and Cole." I said, stuffing my hands in my pockets. Ash looked over at me. "Well you seemed to be flirting with him quite alot." 

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "How can you even say that? I wasn't flirting, and it was only because he was super nice to me, unlike you."

"Holding hands isn't flirting?"

"No! Jeez, Ash, I might act the same way towards you if you didn't act like you have something up your butt."

Ash narrowed his eyes.

"What the hell is that even supposed to mean?" He asked.

"American phrases," I muttered. A weird look came in his eyes when I mentioned America, but then it left. 

He smiled slightly. 

"Americans are stupid." 

I backed away from him suddenly.

"Fudge nuts! PLEASE don't start acting like Wade Collins on iCarly! That episode was scary! I am not a hobnocker!" I almost yelled. Ash gave me a "what the.." look.

"You watch iCarly? That show is for 12 year olds, Mackenzie." 

I stared up at his face, suddenly. I loved the way he said my name in his accent... it was actually really sexy. 

I swallowed. "Whatever."

Suddenly, Ash stiffened. 

I looked over to where he was staring and saw a person make their way towards us.

He was in a wheel chair, and looked Hispanic.

His hair was dark, and his eyes were hazel. He might have been handsome if not for his legs. Both were cut off, leaving him awkwardly proportioned. He wheeled himself around with a sad, almost resigned look on his sharp features.

Ash stepped towards him gingerly.

"Perez?" He asked in a careful voice.

The boy regarded Ash in that resigned way of his.

"Ash."