youtube ; baekhyun's debut

##🔭 july 10th ,, 2019

"when i turn my head my eyes meet yours."

"bri," suri called for her daughter, "where are we?"

the young girl let go of her mother's hand and looked at the camera held in the taller one's hand.

quietly she answered, "showcase."

suri had brought bri to see baekhyun's solo album debut, UN Village. they both walked through the halls, stopping constantly when bri's curious eyes found something interesting.

finally they were able to get to the room where baekhyun was getting ready, well, were he had gotten ready.

while bri was looking at the very shiny things backstage, baekhyun had already gotten his outfit on and was prepared for the stage.

actually, they missed at least five minutes of the showcase due to their little distractions.

the fun part was that baekhyun didn't know they would be backstage waiting for him. it was supposed to be a surprise before he went in stage, but maybe it would just be better if they waited till' after.

"what should we do?" suri asked bri as they entered the room.

the little girl shrugged her shoulder as she held onto her very precious stuffed animal, puppers, as she calls it in english.

suri set up the camera on the table just big enough for three, maybe four, people to sit at. luckily, it would only be them at the table.

in the room, there was a screen that displayed the artist on stage. baekhyun was pacing slowly as he waited for the music to start.

suri watched as her daughter ran over to the seats, "how about you sit here and i'll sit right beside you?

bri nodded and was helped up onto the seat where she stayed seated for a while as she watched the screen.

she sat quietly as she waited for suri to come back after walking to find something.

when suri returned, she had a few coloring pages and crayons in her hand. she had gotten them from the small bag she brought with her.

bri was very into coloring for the past few months, it was a phase she quickly jumped into, but suri knew it wouldn't be long until she moved onto something else.

placing the paper on the table, bri's eyes still didn't move from watching the screen. it was baekhyun whom she was watching.

"are you going to color with me?" suri tapped the girl's shoulder.

finally, bri was moving on from the screen and standing up on the seat to grab the crayons unfairly set on the far end of the table.

unlike her mother, the two year old never went out of the camera frame. it was as if she was the one doing the video and not suri.

the video was sped up, only for the time that they were wasting waiting for baekhyun to perform. as they got nearly halfway through their coloring, the music started to play.

suri held the papers up to the camera, one was full of scribbles and the other successfully in the lines.

"he will definitely pick bri's over mine."

bri had baekhyun wrapped around her finger, anything and everything he did was always for her.

he was, and is, setting the highest standards for how men should treat her.

suri let out a small chuckle, setting the papers down, and looking over at her daughter who reached over her mother to point at the drinks on the far table.

"you want a drink?"

bri nodded in response with a small, "yes!"

suri stood and made her way over to the drink table. there were so many cups sitting on the table, yet not too many different options to choose from.

most of them were coffee, which a two year old couldn't have. so, she grabbed a cup that was a soft pink and white color.

she placed the drink on the table before she sat down, not wanting to accidentally spill it. which many would be surprised as to how many times she spilt something while sitting down.

suri leaned towards the camera, "i'm not going to grab a drink, since i probably won't finish it. i'll take a few sips of her's if she doesn't down it before-"

suri quickly took the cup away from bri who trying so hard to get many sips out of the cup. she sighed and rested against the back of the chair, bri laughed.

"you could get sick if you drink that much at once!" suri scolded bri in a not-so-scary voice, but nonetheless, the young girl understood.

the video was sped up 2x since the girls were sitting backstage for a few hours since they arrived early. only now and then would the video return to regular speed, mainly when they watched him perform.

the showcase was over in a matter of an hour. suri was secretly excited to see baekhyun's reaction to seeing bri backstage.

it would only be a few seconds anyway.

the door handle fidgeted as suri was talking to one of the stylist that sat in the same room as her. soon walked in baekhyun behind a few staff members.

when he looked around and saw his daughter, his face lit up. bri climbed down from her chair and ran over to Baekhyun, who lifted her up in his arms.

"she came to support you." suri spoke with a smile, cleaning up the table.

baekhyun's smile was huge and the camera caught that as well. suri was happy, bri was happy, and baekhyun was happy.