engaged

##🔭 aug

##🔭 aug. 05th ,, 2020.
"seeped and woke me up."

"goodnight, baby

"goodnight, baby." suri spoke softly, kissing her three-year old daughter on the cheek.

the little girl was slowly falling asleep on the big bed, she was right in the middle, separating her father and her mother beside her.

it was odd that she wanted to sleep in the big bed with her parents, usually bri would do fine in her own bed.

silence fell upon the room once their daughter, bri, had finally properly fallen asleep.

suri was propped up on one arm, moving the hair out of Bri's face while believing baekhyun was well asleep now. she only saw his back, as he faced away from her.

little did she know, he was actually having a really hard time trying to get his emotions together.

suri moved her hand, allowing her head to settle into the pillow comfortably. closing her eyes, she felt and heard the movement of baekhyun.

an hour had passed by, suri was half-asleep.

she was having trouble sleeping with the many thoughts filling her head about her sudden solo schedule changes she found out about last minute.

baekhyun was still wide awake, trying to figure out what he wanted to do and when.

"soonhye?" baekhyun whispered, looking at her figure in the bed.

suri hummed in response after a small delay.

"you're awake, right?" he asked.

she nodded against the pillow, eyes opening slowly only to be met with his nervous expression.

"what's wrong?" suri asked, sitting up.

baekhyun got up from the bed quickly, moving blankets off of him in a hurry.

he began to run out of the room, as if he was in need of getting something before it was too late. he stopped in the doorway of the room, turning to the girl who was still sitting in bed confused.

"make sure you wake up bri." he spoke quickly, pointing to their daughter.

"at this time?!"

she had just, successfully, gotten her to sleep.

nonetheless, she earned a nod from baekhyun, watching him disappear into the hallway.

suri was beyond confused at this point, more confused than she was when she woke up to be meet with one very worried baekhyun.

"baby." suri whispered, caressing her daughter's hair.

bri slowly woke up, gripping onto her mother's hand and whining due to being awoken.

picking bri up, suri placed her near the end of the bed, fixing the low pigtails that were once neat before she went to sleep.

"what's going on?" the three-year old asked in a small voice as she wiped her eyes.

"i am not sure." Suri answered as she kissed her daughter's cheek the same way she did before she went to sleep.

reaching over to her phone that sat on the table beside her side of the bed, she had new knowledge that it was only two in the morning.

baekhyun walked back into the room, something hidden within his hands which covered the object. suri picked her daughter up as she whined, placing her on her side.

"baekhyun, you're starting to make me nervous." suri said, not knowing what was going on.

baekhyun seemed to swallowed dryly as he looked at his hands and back at suri.

"see, i knew since that one day that we started dating, i wanted to be with you for the rest of my life. i didn't know where to start, so i always put it off. i started planning for this a year ago. i've gained confidence some days and then it just wouldn't be the right time." baekhyun started.

"kim soonhye. you have been my bestfriend for a while now and you are an amazing mother to our daughter. will you marry me?"

suri was frozen, in shock.

even her daughter knew what was happening. baekhyun had been ranting to his daughter about when he wanted to propose and how he wanted to, even if she didn't pay attention.

he put it in simple words for her when he explained and she seemed to understand completely.

"say 'yes'." bri whispered into her mother's ear.

baekhyun smiled at her, then back at Suri.

she couldn't speak from the fact that she was still scared to talk. she nodded instead, reaching for Baekhyun's hand and pulling him towards her.

he rested his head on her shoulder, starting to cry into the crook of her neck. suri felt the arms of her daughter wrap around both of their necks gently.

"give me a second." suri said, breaking away from baekhyun.

she moved over to the bed, placing her daughter down gently.

"why are you crying?" suri asked with a laugh as she hugged him and he continued his cries.

"you aren't?"

"not now, i'm still in a shocked phased right now." suri answered as she placed her hand in his hair.

they pulled away from each other when they heard their daughter clapping after sitting on the bed and watching the moment unfold.

"thank you." baekhyun whispered as he took suri's hand in his own.

suri looked back at baekhyun after making cute little faces back and forth with bri.

she looked at him confused, "for what?"

baekhyun slipped the engagement ring on his, now fiancé's, finger.

"for staying with me." he answered.

suri smiled once more. the two went back and forth between hugging and crying (mostly baekhyun).

they continued to share more and more moments the next few days. fans picked up on the fact that they spent even more time together, but they never knew that the two idols were engaged now.

the fans would just have to wait for that news.

right now, their family that consisted of suri, baekhyun, and their daughter bri, just wanted to enjoy the time before others found out.