Ch. 1

"Eddie Bear, lets go!", Sonia Kaspbrak's voice boomed through their small, almost now empty, house.

Eddie sighed, hopping off his bed and placed his headphones back on top of his head, grabbing a few more boxes to throw into the back of the U-haul truck.

"Coming, mama!", Eddie yelled back to her.

As of right now, Eddie and his mother are moving over 500 miles away, from Pennsylvania to a small town called Derry, Maine, if that's what it was called.

The delicate teenager, just turning 15 last week, stumbled down the stairs with his phone in hand plus the boxes and walked over to the truck, avoiding the grass because of allergies.

"Is that it?", Sonia asked her son.
Eddie looked back at the house, sighing sadly and turned to his mother.

"Yeah, mommy. It is"

She smiled sickly sweet. "Alright then! Hop in the car"

And with those words, Eddie knew this meant he would leave behind everyone, and everything he knew.

But this meant new beginnings.
***
Eddie was getting bored by at least two hours in, so he decided to text his best friend, Bill Denbrough, who he met one summer up in Derry with his aunt.

E: hey billy boy
B: Hey Eddie! How's the moving going?
E: we're almost two hours in driving i think, but a little bored rn
B: Besides what's going on with you I have some good news! You're not the only new kid moving into town this year.
E: really? you know who it is?
B: I heard someone say his name was Richie, maybe? I can't remember.
E: thanks bill. I'm gonna take a nap
B: sweet dreams little man

Eddie shut his eyes and let out a small sigh, but being interrupted by his wrist watch beeping, telling him to take his medication.

He unzipped his fanny pack, taking out some sort of medication he didn't know the name to, and his inhaler, which fell by his feet onto the floor, which his short arms grabbed for. 5'3 may seem like a normal height, but not for a 15 year old boy.

  "Watch you don't get wrinkles in your shirt, Eddie", his mother scolded him.

  He set the inhaler in the cup holder, taking his now free hand and smoothing out any creases in the loose pink pastel shirt he wore, which matched perfectly with his white vans and black sweat pants.

  He blew a small curl from his fluffy hair off his forehead and went back to his music, playing Silence by Khalid and some other songs on his Spotify playlist that he already listened to.

   "Sweetie, we have to stop at the gas station", Sonia told Eddie, driving into a BP station.

  "Thank god", Eddie muttered, having to pee.

  "I'll be back", Eddie said over his shoulder, walking into the building for a bathroom.

  The worker explained where the restroom was, so Eddie did what he had to do, making sure to scrub off any bacteria from the public bathroom when he finished.

  He let the warm water splash his hands from the faucet, with many pumps of soap cupped into them, and hummed a line from the Khalid song he listened to before going out the truck.

  "I found peace in your violence, can't tell me there no point in trying, I'm at one and I've been quiet for too long ", he sang quietly with his angelic voice, almost inaudible but echoed off the white walls.

  He hopped out the door thanking the worker, but purchased a pack of cinnamon gum before walking out.

  "Eddie, sugar rots your teeth!", Sonia exclaimed, starting the truck.

  Eddie shoves the package in her face, making her read the label 'sugar-free chewing gum'.

  She huffed. "Alright"

   He popped two sticks into his mouth, watching the scenery blur past them; the sky different oranges, yellows, light purples and varieties of pink, and a "welcome to Vermont!" sign just 1/4 a mile away.

  "This is gonna be a long night", Eddie told himself, blowing his cheeks up with air and puffing it out.

A/N

This was just a little background!! Planning on making charters longer than this :) hope you enjoyed!

⚠️(From a month after:)⚠️
Chapters get between 2,000-3,500 words!! A lot longer than this!!
-jilly