Ch. 5

Eddie breathed out slowly, fluttering his eyes open, but squinted as the bright morning light shown through the blinds.

  He remembered what happened yesterday, the fight with bowers, and looked down at Richie to make sure he's okay- which he was, except for the bruises visible on his face. For the past two and a half weeks he's been here, they have been basically inseparable, growing fond of each other and basically becoming best friends. It's kind of hard not to feel sympathy toward one of his best friends.

  In the same spot he fell asleep yesterday, Richie was laying between eddies small tanned legs, his head on his stomach and his lanky arms around Eddies waist.

  The smaller boy blushed and smiled softly. "Rich", he whispered, shaking Richies shoulder slightly.

  Richie stirred and began to whine. "No, Eds. It's way too early for this shit".
  Eddie rolled his doe like eyes and sat up, much to Richies dismay. Although Eddie moved, Richie did with him.

  He still sat between his legs and lay his head against his chest and shut his eyes as a way to protest.

  Eddie rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, burying his head in richies thick, soft hair.

"Isn't this wrong?", Eddie thought. "If it was wrong...why did it feel right? It's just because we're best friends."

His arm grip weakened around Richie and lifted his head off the black curls that say atop the riches head, his eyes drooping slightly. His eyes dropped
slightly as Richie looked at him.

"What's wrong?", he asked the smaller boy.

"Nothing, nothing important", Eddie said, waving it off.

  "Okay, if you insist", Richie shrugged, sitting your and grabbed his phone off the dresser.

  "You feeling alright?"

  Richie scoffed. "Better than ever, Eds", the trashmouth said sarcastically.

  The light blanket that once sat on top of Eddie lay in the floor as he stretched and rubbed his eyes.

  "What're we gonna eat for breakfast?", Richie asked Eddie while taking his shirt off to change it.

  Eddie gasped. "Rich", he breathed out.
  The foot prints from Henry's shoe were visible where his ribs are, bruised over by all sorts of reds, blues, purple and black bruises.

  "Eddie, I'm fine really", Richie tried telling the small spaghetti head walking up to him.

  Eddie looked over the large foot like bruises on his back and stomach. He ran his fingertips over the large print on his stomach, making Richie get goosebumps down his arms and a shiver down his spine.

  The taller boy took his hand and grabbed eddies gently, looking him in the eyes.
  "Eds really, I'm okay"

  Eddie questioned this as he looked at both black eyes on riches face, but nodded.

  "Okay", Eddie simple said, hugging Richie gently, making sure not to hurt him.

  The hug was broken by a small buzz coming from the bed where eddies phone lay.

  "Bill wants to meet at the quarry today. You down for it?", Eddie asked warily, hoping he said no so he wouldn't get hurt.

  "Hell yeah! Tell him we're both down.", he told Eddie, then switched to one of his famous accents. "Now let's go get some munches, Eduardo! To the diner we shall go!"