Ch. 6

5:30 AM

5:30 AM is the time the small black alarm clock next to eddies desk read as he looked at it with fuzzy eyes.

"Why's my alarm set?", he thought out loud, slapping the top of it to try and quiet it down.

"Ugh, it's Sunday!", he whined, flopping into his soft mattress again.

The warm woolen blankets began engulfing him and his eyes drooped, his honey brown eyes getting covered by his eyelids. He let his breathing level out, letting sleep consume himself once more. That was until he remembered what day it really was, and his eyes shot open.

Eddie picked up the cold phone on his nightstand. His eyes fixated onto the date, the date that read August 26, 2019.  

Today, this very Monday, was eddies first
day at Derry High.

"Shit!", he cursed, throwing off his blanket and looking around the room with wild eyes.

The moon and sunrise still shown through the window, casting a pink haze onto eddies soft tan skin.

On his bare wooden floor lay a blue short sleeved shirt that had a pair of cuffed light washed jeans laying beside it, and he grabbed them both with frantic arms.

He hopped into the bathroom and combed over his hair, trying to stick his leg into the next hole. The ankle high white socks he folded the night before lay neatly on the sink counter and slid them on his tiny feet.

He walked out the bathroom with the smell of toothpaste lingering in the air and grabbed his black Under Armor back pack, sliding it onto one shoulder. His white converse hung loosely in his left hand as he waddled down the stairs.

He tossed his bag aside and tied his laces neatly in little bows once they were on his feet properly, bouncing up and grabbing his bag once more.

His feet carried him into the kitchen where a note pad and pencil sat on the granite counter, then wrote to his mother saying:

Momma,
I have to head to school. Hope you have a great day
-Eddie

Happy with how he wrote, he capped the blue pen, making sure to grab his instrument case as he headed out the door and into the early morning summer haze.
***
On the other side of the street, Richie Tozier went about his morning, waking up late and wearing what he slept in- his signature ripped jeans and classic AC/DC band shirt.

"So you think you can't stop me and spit in my eye!", he yelled/sung along with his speaker. His parents weren't home, so he blasted his music. "So you think you can love me and leave me to diie! Ohh, baby, can't do this to me baby"

Richie spit out the mint toothpaste, setting his toothbrush onto the sink and bounced into his messy room across the hall.

As he enters his room, Bohemian Rhapsody was louder than ever and the smell of lavender came over him. The same smell of his clothes, same smell as the detergent his mother used. She was barely home because of her late night work as a nurse at the local hospital.

  His long legs carried himself down the creaky stairs, bounding to the outside.

  "Well, today's gonna be great", he said in a sarcastic way to himself, throwing his drum sticks in his bag and scrambled out the door.

  Small beads of sweat clung to the tips of his black hair as he began his venture down the roads of Derry to the new High School he's attending. Rocks flew up the road whenever Richie's shoes kicked them hard enough.