Ch. 3

The next day, after the mom and son duo hit the road from Vermont to Maine, they made it close to their destination after hours of driving.

A half an hour away was their new house, a slightly smaller house for just the two of them, but nice looking, and closer to Bill.

"Eddie Bear, we're almost there!", Sonia chirped from the driver seat in the car.

"That's nice, momma", Eddie replied, not too thrilled about this whole situation.

Eddie threw on his headphones once more, deciding to listen to Khalid, playing his favorite song, Silence, then Lovely by him and Billie Eilish, playing American Teen, his soundtrack, soon after.

While the lyrics blasted in his ears he clicked off Spotify and onto Instagram, looking at the raven beauty's page.

trashmouthtozier, his username shown above his pictures in bold letters.

"Who's that, sweetie?", Sonia asked, sticking her over sized face into whoever's business wasn't hers.

"Oh- um- it's, it's another new kid coming this year. He's friends with Bill and Stan", Eddie sputtered, almost sounding like Bill.

He didn't want to blurt out 'it's some cute guy on the internet', because his mother didn't know about his sexuality- which he was gay, especially since she's homophobic.
"Oh, Eddie bear, don't be sneaking off with boys" she drawled out, her face twisted up slightly.

He shut his eyes and breathed out heavily, turning up his music to drown anything else she would say, and decided to text bill.

E: hey billy
B: Hey Eddie. What's up?
E: do you know the boy who's new? Richie if that's his name?
B: Yeah! Stan and I hung out with him yesterday. He's really funny (throws out inappropriate jokes lol) and is really cool
E: do you know if he saw my profile?? On instagram? I followed him
B: Oh he did alright. Said you were cute. Your profile pic was enough to make him speechless.

A slight blush rose upon eddies cheeks, sporting a goofy smile that went with it, and he swore his freckles danced about on his face. He put his head down, letting some small curls cover his eyes.

E: I'll see you soon, billy!! Almost there

  Eddie sent his final text before shutting off his phone. After he set it into the cup holder, he reclined his seat and rested his eyes. Not sleeping, but drowning out the sound and daydreaming.

  Just as if it was in slow motion, Eddie's eyes read the faded blue rode sign that read "Welcome to Maine!" In bold white letters. His head dropped back, actually trying to doze off this one time.
***
  "Hey Stan, pass me the remote", Richie asked the noodle haired teenager, munching on some popcorn.

  Stan grabbed the remote and handed it to the lanky teen, not wanting to watch reruns of Spongebob anymore.

  "Hey! W-w-we were w-watching those!", Bill pouted.

  Bill released his hand from Stan's, trying to grab the remote.

  "Haha!", Richie started in one of his accents, "you have been fooled!"

  Richie pressed the channel changing button, going between National Geographic, which Stan wanted to binge on because of the bird documentary. Nick for Kids, then Disney.

  "Ah, the magical world, the loved channel, Disney", Richie said, deciding this is the one. "Hi, I'm Richie fucking Tozier, and your watching Disney channel", he said, waving the remote in whatever shape he tried doing.
  Stan rolled his eyes, and Bill let out a giggle, but Sharon Denbrough, Bills mother, called up for him from the room below.
"Bill! Come down here!", she yelled up the steps.

At the door, Eddie Kaspbrack stood there in his adorable little outfit. The sunlight shown on his brown curls, the same black sweat pants, same beat up vans and black Nike socks, but the blue pastel shirt showing color in the natural light.

"Hey mom what- Eddie!", Bill exclaimed with a smile, running over and embracing the smaller teenager once bill saw him standing in the doorway.

Bill had definitely grown in the last two years he saw him. They were the same height during vacation, now he had a good 5 inch advantage on him.

"Hey bill", Eddie said, wearing the same smile Bill had plastered on his face.
"Hey c-come upstairs! Stans here and one of our other friends. There's so much to t-talk about"

Bill grabbed eddies wrist and ran up the stairs laughing and talking, Sharon smiling at them from below.

"Hey guys!", Bill panted, busting through the door of his bedroom.

Both Stan and Richie turned towards Bill, and the new face in the doorway who was using his gray inhaler.

Richie smoothed out his black Guns 'n Roses shirt and his lights washed ripped jeans, pushing up his glasses and clearing his throat.

"Hey, whos this?", he asked, obviously aware it's Eddie that's standing there with Bill.

"Th-this is Richie, Eddie", Bill said, winking at Richie when Eddie wasn't looking.

He pulled himself off the bed and went over, having to look down at the small teen and stuck out his hand.

"Richie, Richie Tozier", he greeted.
Eddie smiled and grabbed his hand. "Eddie Kaspbrack"

"Hey, that rhymes with spaghetti. Why don't you join me on the couch, Eddie Spaghetti?", Richie asked, trying to act fake posh.

"Sure. Hey, Stan! How're you?", the small boy asked the noodle haired teen.
"Pretty good, how about you?", Stan replied with a warm smile, making space for Bill on the chair the had shared.

"I've been pretty good-"

"Hey what have you been listening to?", Richie asked, peering at his Spotify playlist on his phone screen.

"They're mostly by-"

"Khalid? Yeah, I like him. What's your favorite?"

  Eddie pondered in the question before answering easily. "Silence, probably. Or Anglels"

"Oh there's one called silence?", Stan asked, interested. "Maybe you should try it sometime, Tozier"

Richie rolled his eyes with a laugh and stuck up the middle finger at the smirking teen across from him, making Eddie laugh slightly. His angel like giggle rang through Richies ears, practically giving him heart eyes.

Richie shook his head. "So where'd you move from, Spaghetti?"
"One, don't call me that, two, from Pennsylvania", he replied, stealing some popcorn from the tall teenager beside him.

"Cool", he replied, focusing his eyes onto High School Musical once more.

"Well, I just wanted to stop by and say hi", Eddie said, getting up with a nonchalant shrug.

"B-but'Ed, you were here for like t-two minutes", Bill said, putting his lip out to pout.

"I know, but I have to unpack!", he said, making sure to grab his inhaler once he stood up from his designated seat next to the trash mouth.

"I'll come with you!", Richie exclaimed, scrambling off the couch.

"I'll be back", Richie said, walking out with Eddie.

The door of the Denbrough house swung open to reveal the late afternoon summer sun shining down on them.

"So, what numbers your house?", Richie asked, beginning to skate on his board.

"I'm pretty sure it's- um, 2700?", Eddie said looking up at the raven haired teenager that was six inches taller than him.

  "You're joking. Mines 2703!"

  Eddie smiled and laughed a little at his excitement, arriving at his house smaller blue house.

  "Here to drop you off at your humble abode!", Richie arrived at the Kaspbrack household.

   "See ya, Richie. It was nice meeting you"
  "Bye, Spaghetti, you too"

  While Richie skated off with a goofy smile, Eddie graced the same one watching him drift away on his board from his front porch.