Ch. 2

After stopping at a Holiday Inn for the night in Vermont, because Sonia was too tired to drive, the son and mother duo hit the road again.

Eddie woke up and left his hair fluffy and curly like yesterday, throwing on the same soft black pants and a light blue pastel t-shirt with a rose on the chest pocket.

He slipped on a pair of ankle high black Nike socks and his white beat up vans.
"Bye mommy, I'm heading down for breakfast", Eddie called back, taking his bags with him.

"Okay, sweetie. Don't eat anything-"
"That will make my teeth rot, yeah I know ma", Eddie finished, rolling his eyes in annoyance at his mother being so over protective.

Eddie then practically skipped down the hall with light foot steps to the elevators, scrolling through his instagram, the glass back of his iPhone 8 cold against his fragile hands.

He liked Bill's new post, one with him and their other friend down there, Stan, who all knew he was more than a friend although bill wouldn't admit it.

The elevator door opened to reveal and empty entry, so he walked in and hit the button for the main lobby.

Many new faces were in his following recommendations, scrolling past this rat face girl named Greta, a dud named Henry, but saw Stan's profile and hit follow.

Eddie was about to press the 'X' on the next profile, stopping himself before he could regret it.

There was this boy, curly raven hair, tall and lanky, and has thick framed, rectangular glasses. He had freckles scattered around like constellations and pretty pink lips.

Eddie could not contain himself anymore, having to hit follow as soon as the elevator door opened, a small smile placed upon his lips.
***
"Richie", Maggie Tozier called after him before he headed out to meet some new friends, Bill and Stan. "Make sure your back at a reasonable time before dinner!"

"Got it, mom!", Richie yelled back, shutting the door on his way out.

He hopped down the steps one by one, placing his black skateboard onto the road and kicked off, skating to wear bill said they would meet.

Keep in mind Richie was new here, moving from a small town in Albany, New York, so this is his first time really getting around Derry in the past two weeks.

His wheels skidded down the gray concrete past Neibolt Street, heading to a place they called the Quarry, his beat up white converse kicking off the gravel again.

  Just as he was about to hit the ground to speed up, he heard someone call out-
  "R-Richie!", bill yelled to him.

  He quickly stopped himself from skating and turned to see a tall boy, not his height, as he was 5'9, so maybe 5'6, with dark brown hair, standing with a boy about Bill's height, with noodle curly, dirty blonde hair.

  "Hey Bill!", Richie said, walking over to the pair.

  "Hi, Richie. Ready to go?", Bill asked the lanky teenager before him.

  He kicked his skateboard up to grab it, holding it under his arm and walking off with them.

  "So what are we gonna do?", Stan asked Bill, curious to see what he had planned.

  "W-we-well i was p-p-planning on showing him the q-quarry and maybe g-go downtown", he stuttered out.

  "Alright then, pip pip and tally ho, my good fellows", Richie said in one of his accents, the British one he could never master entirely, pointing up ahead.

  "How about ice cream?", Stan suggested first, as there was an ice cream parlor fright across the street.

  Richie and bill both nodded a little 'yeah' in response.

  "Can I have a mint chocolate chip waffle cone?", Richie asked the worker, after Stan and bill both ordered theirs.

  Stan ordered a butter pecan one, and Bill got birthday cake.

  "This t-tastes really good", Bill said, a mouth full of ice cream.

  Richie pushes up his glasses. "Yeah, that's what your mom told me in bed last night", he snickered, earning eye rolls from the two.

  A buzz from Richies phone interrupted his small laughing fit.

  'You have a new follow request!', the phone read, a notification for instagram.

  He put in his password and checked the app, but was about to close out of it since he didn't really care who it was.
  His thumb hovered over the 'X', and the profile picture was the only thing he needed to see before pressing on the page.
  "Whatcha, looking at, Rich?", Bill looked over at his screen.

  The display name eddiekasprack was on the profile, Bill sporting a small smirk when he saw who it was.
  "You think he's cute?", Bill asked the raven haired teen out of curiosity.

  His eyes were slightly widened and his eyebrows shot up, nodding slowly as he scrolled through his pictures.

  "That's my friend, Eddie. He's moving here this summer", Bill told richie.

  The lanky teens cheeks flushed a light pink. "You know him?", he asked.

  "Yeah, I met him down here a few summers ago when he was on vacation. We've been friends ever since"
  Richie hit the accept button immediately, something that made eddies heart soar.