Ch. 4

(Use of homophobic slurs + graphicness)

Eddie woke up to the sound of his phone buzzing that morning, which turned out to be Richie blowing up his phone with texts.

  "Ugh", he groaned, shoving his face into his soft pillow.

  Eddie's ringer was on, and to his misfortune, Richie had called him.

  He groaned and rolled his eyes, then rubbed the sleepiness out of them. His hand slammed down onto his phone and pressed accept to stop the ear piercing ringer sound.

  "Hullo?", Eddie said groggily, his voice a little deeper from when he's usually up and ready.

  Butterflies that decided to settle into his stomach started fluttering their wings at the sound of the smaller teenager.

  "Hey, spaghetti! Wanna do something today?", he asked excitedly, not having any alone time with just the two of them yet in the last few weeks, since they've been busy being with Bill and Stan.

  "Yeah sure, like what?", Eddie asked, throwing off his blanket and grabbed black sweatpants and a loose, plain pastel purple tee shirt.

  "Maybe the arcade?", he suggested, shrugging, even though Eddie couldn't see it.
    Eddie thought for a moment before answering. He's never actually been to an arcade. Well, the thought of all the bacteria drove him away.

  "Um- I've actually never been to one", Eddie said, sounding embarrassed.

  "That's great!", Richie exclaimed over the telephone line.

  "Wait, wha-?"

  "I can show you all you need to know! So hurry up because I'm on my way now"

  Richie hung up, making Eddie have to scramble into the bathroom to brush his teeth and comb his curly hair.

  He hopped back to his room with one white tube sock on, grabbing his inhaler and lacing up his white converse.

  Three knocks were heard on the door, signaling eddies departure.

  "Bye, momma!", he yelled, running out the door.

  'Holy shit', Eddie thought, walking up to the tall teen.

  "Hey, Eds!", Richie called out, standing there with his vans, slightly ripped jeans, and a black tee shirt.
  "Hey rich", Eddie called back with a smile when he caught up, looking up at him.
  "You're so short!", Richie laughed out, ruffling his hair.
  "Oh, I'm sorry you're a fucking tree!", Eddie exclaimed, flailing his arms about, throwing his hand off him.
  Richie scooped up Eddie bridal style and carried him laughing, despite Eddie kicking his legs to get down.
  Once Eddie stopped trying, he just relaxed at his hold, and looped his arms around richies neck.

  "What games do you even play?", Eddie asked curiously, scrunching his nose.

  Richie looked at him, his head was tilted slightly to the side and brows furrowed.

"Well I usually play street fighter", he replied with a shrug.

  Richie's face lit up as he looked ahead, seeing the arcade he has yet to be in again.

  "We're here spaghetti!". Richie said excitedly, setting the small teenager down onto the concrete.

  Richie opened the door, and Eddie was amazed at all the games displayed in front of him.

  "I came in here when Bill and Stan showed me around", Richie told Eddie.

  "Come on, Eduardo!"