Chapter 6

Dallas pov

I walked down the street, when I saw two bit, pony and Johnny with a girl talking to some socs I walked up to them.

Let me go you freakin prick"

"What if I said no now come on"

"Didn't you here her she said get the fuck off of her" I replied

She turned around and our eyes met for a moment but then she was pushed to the ground with a switchblade at her neck.

"What if we let you go and we take this little bitch with us" then he looked at her and began to lean in, my blood boiled, this wasn't me but the next thing I knew was that I was throwing punches at his face for no reason.

"Dallas he's unconscious stop" twobit and Johnny were pulling me away from him.

I wiped the blood from my knuckles and face I looked at the girl she was beautiful. She had brown eyes and hair, white shorts and cardigan. Pink top and flats. She made me feel weird inside just by looking at her. She turned to me.

"Thanks" she said

"No problem" I said with a nod

_______________________

"So what's your name"

"Jennifer"

"So Jenny what brings you to Tulsa"

"We'll I'm trying to increase my chances on getting a career here"

"What is your career?"

"Well I'm a dancer and a singer"

"Cool... do you want to meet the rest of the gang?"

She nodded and smiled. God was her smile the most beaut-stop Dallas you can't fall for a girl she doesn't even know you and I'm not turning soft I'm hard as a rock. I'm Dallas Winston and he doesn't fall for anyone especially a girl.

Jennifer pov

Once we got there it was a nice little house it looked comfortable.
We walked in the house without knocking so I just went in and stand my the door.

"Hey guys we want you to meet someone" pony said

He moved a side so they can show me I immediately recognized one person soda pop.

"Jenny!" soda came up to me and hugged me

"You guys know each other?' twobit asked

"Yea I met her yesterday at the DX "

I nodded and he asked me to sit down. I did I sat in between Johnny and soda

"Aren't you going to show use the pretty lady" a boy with chocolate cake smeared in his face

"Oh yeah okay so who do you know so far?"

"Umm I know pony boy, two-bit, Johnny and Dallas"

"Okay um that over there is Steve my buddy" he said pointing to the person eating the cake.
"Darry should be here in an hour or so he's my brother" he told me more of Darry and I felt bad when he told me his parents died and Darry took custody of them it.

"Hey did you guys here what Jenny did this morning to a soc" twobit said with a smile.

The shook there heads and twobit continued

"Well me and ponyboy and johnnycakes were walking when we saw bob throw a bag at her and pinned her to a tree and Jenny hear kick him where the sun don't shine and threw a couple of punches when bob past out.

"Wow" the all said in unison I blushed and right there someone came threw the door he had broad shoulders and was very muscular.

"Who's this" he said nodding in my direction

"That's Jenny she is new her- Jenny why is your ear bleeding?"

I looked at him confused with I felt something warm go across my jaw line. Dallas got up and went to the kitchen he came back with a wet towel and a bandaid he came close to me and started to wash my cut and he was only a couple of inches away from my face and stared into my eyes. He put the bandaid on and he rested his hand on my cheek and we just stared into each others eyes. This gave my stomach backflips and butterflies going crazy. I've never felt this before not even when I was with my last boyfriend.

"Cough cough" two bit said while smiling. I looked down and blushed like crazy. Everyone burst out laughing and Dallas got up with a smirk on his face and went back to his spot in the couch I front of me.

Time went past and we were joking around and talking. I got to know them a little more and I was glad i made some friends. I could feel Dallas watch me from the corner of my eye but it didn't bother me. I got up and went straight to the kitchen.

"Hey Darry do you need any help"

"Yea sure can you help me cut the cake into pieces and set the table. Please"

I nodded and began to cut the cake when I finished I got the table set. Darry thanked me and I walked back out.

"Hey do you guys know what time it is ?"

"Yea it's 6:30" Steve said

"Shit I'm late" I mumbled

"Late for what?" pony asked

"I'm supposed to met my manager today at the studio I got to go"

"Oww stay for dinner at atleast soda asked

"Thanks but I can't jack will cut my neck if I'm late" I said while grabbing my bag

"Oh at least let someone take you" I nodded

"Ill go I'm was going to go to bucks any ways" Dallas said

He got up and I waved to the guys and walked out the door with Dallas right next to me. There was a silence for a little but it was pretty cold so I got goosebumps and shivered a little.

"Here" he said while taking his jacket off

"No it's okay"

"No I insist"

"But you'll be cold" he shook his head put his jacket around me and his hand my shoulder.

"Dallas"

"Hmm"

"What are greasers and socs?" Asking curiously. It took him a little while to answer.

"Well socs are the rich kids that live in the west side and greasers are the poor kids who live in the east side. Greasers and socs don't really get along you dig"

I nodded and he took a cigarette and put it his mouth without lighting it. We got at the studio. "Hey do you want to come in"

"Naw I'm good" he said

"What your jacket" I said taking it off

"No keep it" he said with a perfect grin

"Thanks ill see ya soon" he began to walk away.

"Wait"

He turned around and I pecked his cheek

"Bye" he smiled and pecked my cheek. "Bye" his New York accent was a whisper and he gave me chills In my back and I watched him leave till he turned a corner I smiled and walked in I was ready for jack to start giving me a lesson