Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Fireflies

Claude can't sleep either because of what happened to him.. On his house, he has only synthesizer as a musical instrument. He is fond of it and no one knows it. Even his friends. He was only attracted to Granger since he can play violin.

He opened it out and start to sing.. Around him was a swarm of fireflies glowing in the dark..
"I think I knew what I just want to sing!"

He started to play the instrument..

"You would not believe your eyes

If ten million fireflies

Lit up the world as I fell asleep

'Cause they'd fill the open air

And leave teardrops everywhere

You'd think me rude but I would just stand and stare."

"I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems"

Granger can feel the pleasant music in his ears. He woke up so that he can see who made that sound.

It was him.. The man that he loved, who was singing.. The man that he would lose his life for. The man that made him changed!!

Granger tried to sit up.. Tho he is a tone deaf, the song, the music pushed him up!! He's trying!! He's trying to hear music once again.. From his hurtful memories, he is recovering..

“I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems”

Oh damn!! He falls for Claude more!!
The grumpy man learn how to love!! Unfortunately, it's a boy!!

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs

From ten thousand lightning bugs

As they tried to teach me how to dance

A foxtrot above my head

A sock hop beneath my bed

A disco ball is just hanging by a thread

(Thread, thread...)

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems

(When I fall asleep)

Claude then stopped. The problem just eat him up..

“How can I do it!? How can I say it!?”

“Leave my door open just a crack

(Please take me away from here)

'Cause I feel like such an insomniac

(Please take me away from here)

Why do I tire of counting sheep?

(Please take me away from here)

When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

(Ha-ha)

To ten million fireflies

I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes

I got misty eyes as they said farewell

(Said farewell)

But I'll know where several are

If my dreams get real bizarre

'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar

(Jar, jar, jar...)”

Claude stopped his play.. He didn't know Granger was behind him..

“You played so awesome.. Also you..” the raven-haired man said.

“Thanks for the compliment..” Claude replied..

They both stare each other. Like no one will gonna lose.. Their faces were so near... Alas! Granger made his chance.. He kissed Claude torridly.. Desperately.. In return, Claude also fight back with kisses.. It took them 2 mins. By just kissing..

Granger stopped..

“That would be enough.. For now..” he then hugs Claude..

While hugging, his tears flowed down on Claude's shoulder. He couldn't take it anymore..

“Look.. I'm only alone Claude.. You made me changed my perspective. I wanna be with you.. Please.. Stay beside me. I can't afford to lose you anymore. I love you Claude..” he said.

Claude on meanwhile was just problematic about how will he explain to Granger his leave. His auntie called him to go to States and continue his study there for 3 years. Because States was so advanced. Claude just hug him back..

“Granger. I can't keep this to you..”

“What is it? My love?”

“I'm leaving...” Claude said in a low voice, eyes on the ground.

Granger heard it so clear. His minds shut down.. Like he is desperate to stop Claude from going..

“Please Claude! I'm begging you please.. I WANT TO CHANGE!! Please don't leave me like this.. I can't afford it..” Granger begged Claude. His tears flowed down much more than usual.

“It can't be.. Granger. I can't disappoint my auntie.. Please.. Let me go.. I promised I will go back for you okay.. Its only 3 years.. Just this time.. I will just obey my parents.. Then we can be forever ok?” Claude comforted Granger..

“Its so long! Fuck it!! I can't wait.. Please come back!!” Granger cursed in despair..

“I promised. I'll go back..” Claude smiled.

But this time, he let Granger's head up and kissed him. His most powerful and adorable kiss that could make someone to heaven.

“That will be.. Just wait..”

Granger slept due to crying. Claude did packed his stuffs and had his passport ready. He left Granger a note on the bed and in the early morning, he go to the airport...