Temporary Darkness

Just as expected, they stood up with their weapons ready. Anger coursing through their veins as three of them growled in my direction.

One of them, the ice princess, pointed her weapon at me, "you're the one who caused this! And now you have nowhere left to run." Her hand on her weapon tightened. The look she gave me would have turned me to ash if looks could kill.

I merely shrugged and stare above their heads at the mayhem my kin are causing. The sweet smell of blood drifting in the air along with fear and despair. I sighed fixing my gaze back on them right when they were ready to attack me, "kill the one Grimm... That's not doing... Anything. Pick on the smart one... And not the ones killing." I turned away from them already knowing they won't do anything. Not since I've brought to attention the bigger picture. "I may be clever... But I'm only one."

I heard footsteps coming closer to me so I turn to feel a blade reaching up to me. I trailed my eyes down to see the owner and it's the cat Faunus, "we will get rid of you sooner or later. Just you wait."

Smirking, I lean forward feel the blade dig into my neck, "it's a date then." Her face scrunched up in disgust as the ice princess pulled her backwards and down into the horde of Grimm attacking the helpless. "Don't keep me waiting... Long," I called out before their forms jumped into the horde and began slicing away my kin.

Yet I felt nothing as they did so. Instead I focused on recognizing their move set while I could. If we were going to fight again in the future then I'd need to be prepared. It's bad enough it's a four on one and they have speed on their side. Doesn't matter for I will still be prepared and we tend to not play by the rules.

I dropped onto the ground and went on all fours to disappear within the crowd and stalked my way around the outer ring. Right in the middle stood the four surrounded by my kin. They stood poised and ready to sweep through the Grimm and I had no doubt they could easily do so. My kin weren't on the same level as me even the Alphas.

I stilled my movements slightly surprised they hadn't attacked them yet. Usually they don't take their time playing with meals like that but I realized the King Taijitu was staring at me waiting for my order. It seemed to be the smart one and accepts me as it's superior. The thought made me smirk as I lifted up my head giving a shrill roar that caused the Grimm to spring into action, bloodlust clear in their eyes.

Little Red swung her scythe down and twirled on it kicking the beowolves away in a circle. I huffed seeing a ridiculous that move was yet they merely get knocked back by it. "Pathetic," I mumbled hearing a shotgun sound and turned in the direction only to roll out of the way as a barrage had rained down in the affected path.

I growled and was prepared to throw the closest Creep at her but, luck for it, a few Nevermores intercepted her path causing her to fall down. I smirked and faced towards the others as a few Grimm had dropped down dead after pellets of bullets struck them down and a few flying away from a burst of wind.

If I'd known that they were this useless I would have put time into training them instead of being around Ground Walkers all the time. The shrill from the King Taijitu brought my attention once more as it turned to Little Red isolated from her group. Perhaps that one will-

Another burst went off as a girl was riding her hammer through the air, "what the..." The shot went off again and smashed down on the serpent's head bringing it down. I was too stunned watching the display that I nearly didn't notice more children running towards the horde. I expected for help to arrive a lot later than this.

I growled and backed into the shadows to conceal my identity. Once I was concealed, the Taijitu attached to me whined in need of the thrill of the fight. I could only sigh as I backed into the wall feeling my sword. Maybe I could fight without giving myself away. The serpent wasted no time in pulling on the blade while my wings relaxed letting it fall down as I shook my body.