Her

Adrien was waiting for a certain someone. A certain brunette. Before that, he decided to check that business deal of his.

With that, he bumped into Eugene.

"Adrien!" Eugene smiled.

Adrien smiled back.

"Did you do it?" He asked.

"Do what?" Eugene asked back.

"That personal business of yours, regarding your sis." Adrien clarified.

"Oh. It actually was not as hard as I expected."

"Oh." Adrien sighed. Not willing to converse any more, he waved him goodbye and withdrew to his office.

Adrien's assistant, Leo, was waiting for him.

"Sir, we need your signature in these papers. It's a contract. You may read it." He said.

Adrien nodded and took those papers, reading them quickly and then, flipping the cap of the pen open, he signed them.

"Profitable." Adrien muttered.

"So, I'll take your leave, sir." Leo bowed.

"So be it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're fifteen minutes late." Adrien added, "Approximately."

"Sorry. Got caught up in Italian stuff." She smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her head.

"Okay. So, where did you say you wanna go?"

"To the bakery. Follow me." Lila skipped.

"Lila, I hope you realize that we are not on a date." Lila stopped in her tracks and turned around to face Adrien.

"How could you even think I would presume that. After knowing of your history with her and your alter ego."

"Good." He nodded.

She had a stern look on her face and nodded back.

"Let's go." She said with an expressionless face.

He followed her lead.

"Hello sir and madam, how may I help you?" A seemingly jovial girl with a bright and bubbly face escorted them to their table.

"I'll take the croissants. And coffee." Adrien gave his order and turned to Lila who smiled at the girl and ordered a frappuccino and some croissants as well.

The waitress nodded approvingly and write down their order.

"Be right back." She said as she turned around towards a door.

"This definitely smells familiar." Adrien smelled the sweet vanilla and spicy cinnamon in the air.

A few minutes later, the waitress arrived with their orders.

"Here." She said.

"Thanks."

***********************

"Adrien... Can I tell you something?" Lila hesitantly asked the blond guy.

"Sure," Adrien answered.

"It's- it's been really picking my conscience."

"What is it?"

"What if I told you-"

Adrien, before he could hear what was in store for him next, ran past Lila with a shocked look on his face.

"Adrien?" Lila shouted as Adrien ran at a tremendous speed.

She ran after him and tried to catch up with the hero.
"Adrien! Wait!" She repeatedly called out in vain.

"Stop! Hear me!" She cried.
She halted down to a stop and then ran into an alleyway. She fell down to her knees and let her tears flow.

"I can't bear this guilt forever." She whispered.

"Can't."

************

Meanwhile, Adrien ran towards something. Or in this case, someone. A certain someone.

He ran and ran. Unable to reach that certain someone.

"I can't believe it." Adrien repeatedly whispered. Face red from all the adrenaline gushing inside his body and small amounts of sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Is that really her?"
"Is that even possible?!"
He kept on saying.

Adrien came face to face with to no one as he saw her disappear into the crowd.

*************

Adrien met up with Lila a bit later as he slowed his pace to make up for the sudden exercise.

"Where did you run off to?!" Lila almost shouted at the poor guy.

"You won't believe what I just saw! Or rather, who I just saw!" Adrien smiled widely.

"Who?" Lila asked a bit irritatedly.

"I saw her."