Truth About Marinette

On it were written the words that would change his life. For the good. Or the worst.

He didn't realize it back then however, those words would change his perception towards one of his closest friends.

'Adrien Agreste, or rather CN, meet me at the address mentioned below at about midnight. If you want to know how Marinette Dupain-Cheng is still alive and why she had lost her memory, this might be your last chance. Don't tell anyone. Not Lila. Not your mother.
Fear not, for I am no foe.
Just... someone you know.'

Adrien stared at the note in shock.
He was stunned beyond words. First, his mother was alive, then Marinette came back after so many years, then she lost all her memories, and then this man or woman wants to meet me to discuss her!

What the heck was happening?

That was the question revolving inside his head.

"Should I do it?" He asked Plagg. The note forbade him to talk about it to his mother or Lila. It didn't say anything about Plagg.

"The more important thing is... Did you realise this person legit knows that you're Chat?" Plagg said with a large piece of cheese still stuffed inside his mouth.

Adrien stopped dead in his tracks.

His hands started to tremble and his face was losing colour.

"Geez, he's got slow realisation time." Plagg moodily made a statement.

"Chill out, kid."

"I have told you a gazillion times that I am not a kid anymore, why do you keep calling me that?" Adrien, clearly infuriated, scolded Plagg.

"Look, kid, you are like, more than five thousand years younger than me. So I can call you a kid since I am technically five thousand years older than you, so, according to me, it makes sense." He said with his eyes half shut.

"On a more important note, you're identity..." He whispered.

"How are so many people aware of me being Chat Noir? First Lila, then this strange person?!" Adrien huffed out his frustration in one sentence.

"I said, Calm down kid. I have a feeling that if you go, you wouldn't be disappointed." Plagg stated in an uncharacteristically serious tone.

And, after much discussion, Adrien Agreste agreed and obeyed his kwami.

*Time skip*

At midnight, Adrien left the hotel he was staying at and crawled stealthily towards the designated address.

"So, you decided to come after all. Good choice. You will not regret this, Chat Noir." He heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Who are you and how do you know that I'm Chat Noir and what's up with Marinette? Spill it out." He half threatened.

"Calm down, man, don't get so worked up! And one question at a time! I'm an old man, you know!" He saw the man finally coming out of the shadows.

Judging from his shadow, he was tall and thin. But as he walked towards them, there was a... considerable... decrease in his height.

"Master Fu!" Adrien exclaimed as his mouth hit the floor.

"Yes, my boy. Let me tell you... The truth about Marinette."

He followed the guardian of the miraculous to an alley. And eventually into a crooked building.

"Have a seat." Master pushed a cushioned chair towards Adrien who sat on it without any reluctance.