An Unfortunate Encounter

"You are not going to kill Marinette, are you?!" Tikki stammered as her eyes widened in horror.

"Perhaps?" He smiled maniacally, raising an eyebrow.

"You can't kill your own-"

"Tikki, Spots on."

*

"So, where exactly are you guys planning to take me? On this snowy night? Do you realize how cold it is or are you all cold blooded?" Marinette shivered, ignoring the unintentional pun which made Adrien snort.

"Just keep walking. We decided to have a picnic here. Your very good friends are going to be here to meet you too!" Lila smiled.

"MORE unexpected hugs!?" Marinette fake groaned.

"Wait, who are those very good friends? And how on earth do you know about them, Lila?" Adrien was as lost as a cat in a country fair.

"Alya and Nino. They were apparently my bffs back then in Paris before I lost my memories." Marinette smirked internally at the very pleasant shocked expression of Adrien Agreste.

"How did you-"

"Courtesy of Lila here."

"..."

"Might I add, you're as terrible at lying as  you are at making puns, I tell you." She smiled along with Lila who was now in on mission Adrienette.

All the friends laughed and chatted along. Making jokes, playing tag randomly on the streets, all the while spreading happiness around the area. All was well-

"SORRY I'M LATE!" Bridgette burst out a door and bumped into the group with a loud thud. 

Knocking all of them down.

"Ouchie." Marinette rubbed her nape and got up.

"Meow-ch." 

"..."

"..."

"You doing it, or do I?"

"Go on."

"..."

"THAT FREAKING HURT MARINETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*

The group all laughed, talked, ate and sang at Master Fu's, who no one knew but Marinette (And Adrien) who insisted that he was her uncle, until it was almost midnight.

And when the clock struck twelve, the company decided to leave the jovial company of the drunk old man (Adrien never imagined that Master could be sober but the latter convinced it was only on special occasions) and headed home.

Adrien, being Adrien, stubbornly decided to drop all three of his feminine confidants one by one with Marinette's house being the last stop. (Adrien was actually under the impression that she lived with Master Fu but she told him that she had recently, after the encounter with Lila, had moved out to prevent any further trouble and debts to the old man) 

Of course the exceptionally long course of their journey back home (a journey they had covered by walking but was now needing a vehicle of some sort, provided by the Gorilla) having been decided by Lila and Bridgette, much to Adrien's protest, to give the latter some quality time with Marinette.

So, they all started as four with Lila's house the first to come around.

Then, there were three of them. And Bridgette soon left them to go to a hotel, not before giving a wink to the duo who blushed profusely all the while knowing the two girls' ambitions.

Unluckily for them, however, halfway through their route, their car broke down and Adrien decided to walk with the bluenette to her flat while leaving Gorilla to fetch help for the car (which was wildly disapproved by Marinette since she wanted him to go to his home too and she was perfectly capable of walking herself, but eventually gave in, earning a triumphant look on his face).

The former Ladybug and Cat Noir in their civilian form were walking down an isolated street in the country when they heard a thump behind them.

"How would you like it, if the thief of the Ladybug miraculous, turned himself in? Sparing all your efforts which might have gone in trying to get him?"

Adrien realized the words of the man now standing behind him in a ladybug spandex suit.

He and Marinette turned around to face the owner of the voice.

"What do you want?" Adrien gritted his teeth and spread out his arm in front of Marinette, urging her to stay behind and safe.

"Isn't it obvious?" He smirked.

"No." Adrien snarled.

"Two things." The holder said, raising his index and middle fingers, indicating the number two.

"What?" 

"One, the cat miraculous." Adrien subconsciously flinched the hand where his miraculous rested on his finger.

"I have no idea about that." He said.

"Do you?" The maniac laughed.

"Second, The former Ladybug's life."

All the colour of Adrien's face was replaced by white. Suddenly replaced by red. 

Marinette had never seen Adrien angry.

Not this angry.

His eyes were red and his fists clenched. His nerves were visible, superficial. He was angry. 

Whatever that man had said, pissed him off. Real bad.

 And hell was about to go down.