Lila

The chapter y'all were waiting for.

While the trio sat in the bakery, laughing and conversing over various topics, big or petty, Lila was sitting in an adjacent cafe. 

Wondering.

About how to tell Adrien what she's done. I mean, he'll be mad at her but not so mad now that Marinette's alive and healthy, right?

She did not know.

So, she did what Adrien did. 

Confront Emilie. 

Surprisingly, that woman was really good at giving advice. So, Lila told her that she had a secret and that she wanted to share it with someone but that someone would be furious when they would hear it. They might even kick her out of their life.

"Does this secret involve that person you're talking to?" Emilie asked.

"In a way. Mainly it involves another person they're close to." Lila answered.

Emilie knew that the brunette was hiding something. However, she did not force the secret out of her. It could be personal, after all.

"Tell them." 

"What?"

"Yes. If this secret has been making you feel guilty, then take the load off your shoulder. Tell them."

"Who?" 

"Up to you. Does the other person you mentioned know this?"

"...No."

"Then tell that person first."

Lila gasped. Here, Emilie did not know that the subject of their discussion was Adrien. Neither did she know that the person she was telling Lila to spill the beans to was Marinette.

"Are you... sure?" Lila stammered as she looked down on the floor.

"Yes."

*

"Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out." Lila kept trying to console herself.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." She sighed.

She was about to confess her crime... To the person she supposedly killed. Why!? Just, why was she so darn selfish! If only she did not obsess over Adrien so much, this would never have happened!

"Lila?" Adrien called out.

"She's ready to meet you know. I do not know why you want to talk to her alone all of a sudden. Every time we go to meet Mari you just run away. Here. I had to introduce you properly to her. She doesn't know you yet." Adrien smiled.

"Thanks, Adrien." Lila sighed.

"Thanks, Mrs. Agreste." She said quietly.

All of the air started to leave her lungs when she opened the door. It seemed as if the world had stopped and as if she was walking towards her own death now.

She opened the door to reveal a smiling Marinette. Even when she didn't know her, she smiled.

"Hello. Lila, right? Adrien told me about you."

Lila started to shiver tremendously. She couldn't stand there anymore. Every part of her body literally screamed 'Run. Get out of here.' but she froze. She couldn't move any limb.

"H-H-H-" Her mouth couldn't form any words. Her eyes wide open and mouth agape, she was about to fall. Her knees buckled as she held on to a chair to prevent crashing down on the floor.