Smiles

"It's time to get your memories back." Tikki smiled.

Marinette smiled back.

Her smile, however, didn't last long.

"What happened?" Adrien asked while Queen Bee, Carapace and Rena Rouge anticipated her reply.

"Is it going to be weird?" She asked.

"What?"

"It's just, I feel happy about getting my so-called lost memories, but... I feel weird about this. It's just so weird that I spent twelve years of my life like this. As the Marinette Dupain Cheng who works as a chef in a cafe. Who stays by her own means, is independent, who considers Master Fu as her really close uncle. The Marinette who is best friends with Lara. Who was supposedly born and brought up in China? Here. How can I be not weirded out by the fact that I'll have to relive my life as the Marinette who was in the past? It's all so-"

"Marinette. Marinette, please. Calm down. It doesn't matter. As far as I can see, you're still the same Marinette we knew." He said pointing at his team who stood there, grinning like idiots at her.

"Mari, listen, both you and Ladybug were my best friends. And you still are. To me, that is. I don't know why you're feeling so strange, but, whatever be the decision, I will respect it. And if I have not been able to do so yet, I will reconquer my position as your one and only BFF." Rena smiled.

"I think you'll manage to do that." Marinette smiled back at the fox-themed heroine.

"Hey, I am not usually so cheesy, but, you're like my little sister, Bugs. You gave me my miraculous, trusted me to fight by your side. And thanks to you, me and Rena here are a happily married couple. I still remember. We both were able to get to know each other better all because of you. I'll never forget those years we spent together. A very notorious trio of you, me and Alya. Then, some innocence was brought to our little group with sunshine child here." He ruffled Chat's hair and continued, "I'll stick with my wife. Whatever be your decision, I'll respect it." He smiled.

Marinette dropped her gaze and hummed a response.

"Hey, chin up, princess. Or the crown slips." Marinette heard a very stunningly composed and feminine voice.

"I came here straight from Paris in the midst of beauty sleep to save you. Don't make it worthless." Queen Bee smiled at her.

Marinette's head shot up.

"Look, I caused you a lot of hardships back in the day and I really regretted it when you were gone. You changed me from a bullying jealous brat to a person who at least has a heart now. And before you decide, I just wanted to say something I wasn't able to say back then."

She paused and took a deep breath.

"I'm..."

She sighed.

Marinette watched in uncertainty.

"Sorry. For all the shit I put you through." She smiled.

"I-"

"It's okay. You don't have to forgive me. Especially since you don't know what I did to you."

"I don't know what happened. You're right. But, I forgive you anyway." Marinette replied.

"Mari, may I?"

"Hmm."

Adrien took her aside while the rest of the crew had Lenny faces plastered on their faces.

"Mari, you know, back when you were Ladybug, you still are, the muscle memory is still intact, we used to fight alongside each other in every battle we did. And even if we weren't present in person, I always found a way to help you out. Outside the mask. And now that I know who you were, I figured you did the same." Adrien smile. All the nostalgic feelings crowding his body.

"When we first met, you had yeeted yourself off a gargoyle's ear and flung yourself halfway across Paris with your yoyo only to drop down on me. We were stuck there for only a few seconds. But, you looked really funny." He said.

Marinette snorted.

"Anyways, we were really small back then. And on that very day, you were able to, very skillfully and gracefully, make your way right here." He said, pointing to his heart.

Marinette blushed.

"Marinette, I was dumb back then. Blind. Oblivious. A cinnamon roll. But I'm not now. And as much as I am concerned, I love you. I loved you then. I love you now. And I will keep loving you. God will have to pry you off of my dead body to separate us. And even if you don't love me, I'll be the friend you always deserved and I will make sure whoever you end up with, I'll always be your partner in kicking butt." He chuckled.

At the end of his speech, Marinette was left as red as a tomato.

"So, are you going to do it?" Adrien asked, his voice laced with concern and nervousness.

"Marinette, nobody will force you to do this. I just wanted to tell you that you were the best Ladybug I could've ever gotten and I will always remember you. As long as I exist. And that is a long time." Tikki smiled at her holder too.

"You know what, Adrien. I never actually knew you before. But that day, when you first came into the cafe, and I first saw you, I thought I'd known you for ages. And if I had such an amazing lot back then," she said, referring to the trio of superheroes, evidently trying to eavesdrop on their conversation, "then, I wonder how amazing was my life. Also, I would love to do that claws out thing you did. Hey, flying magical bug mouse, does this work the same way?!" Marinette asked.

"Yes. And you can call me Tikki." Tikki smiled.

"Ok! Take an extremely serious superheroic posture and now, 'Tikki, claws out!'"

"Uhhhh...."

"I thought you said it worked the same way!" Marinette grumbled with such innocence that it made Adrien snort.

"Well, it does. If you say the words right. It's 'spots on' Not 'claws out'. Get it?"

"Okay!" Marinette lumped her fists with enthusiasm.

"So how do we get her memories back, Tikki?" Adrien asked.

"All you need her to do is transform. I'll handle the rest!" Tikki smiled.

"Tikki, spots on!" Marinette closed her eyes.

Longer than she should.

It was Tikki. She was restoring her memories.

By then, Queen Bee, Rena and Carapace had huddled close to the duo.

It's been 13 minutes.

Marinette finally opened her eyes.

She smiled.

"Welcome back, Ladybug."

The End.

*inhales*

finally!!!!!

Hope you guys liked the book. If you did, be sure to tell me and also SMASH that star button down there!!!
So, for the last time, I bid thee all Adieu.

 If you did, be sure to tell me and also SMASH that star button down there!!! So, for the last time, I bid thee all Adieu

*

|2022: This lil shit finally has a sequel. Check out 'Welcome Back' on my profile|