A Trip Down Memory Lane

Emile Agreste stood there in full glory.
Lila's mouth still wide open as she saw Adrien still hugging his presumably dead mom.

"But- how?" Lila stammered.

"Huh?" Adrien turned around to see her eyes wide in shock. Her eyeballs seemed to pop out.

"Hh-how?" She stammered again.

"What do you mean, dear?" Emilie asked her.

"How are you alive? Can people come back to life after they're dead?" Lila stated.

"Dead? Adrien, what does she mean? Did you all think I was dead?" Emile now turned to her son and a serious expression carved itself on her face.

"..." His head was hung low.

Emilie nodded.

"I understand." She said.

"Gabriel must have told you this."
Adrien looked up to his mother.

"I knew he would feed you with all sorts of lies." She sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"Come with me." She grabbed his hand and took him to a nearby bakery.
She knew Adrien loved the smell of bakeries from his childhood.

She didn't realize his love for bakeries grew to a very high extent after she disappeared.

She motioned Lila to tag along.

Seated comfortably, they all ordered something and settled to talk.

"The day I disappeared, was the worst day of my life." She began.

"It all started seven years after you were born. We used to love each other very much. And we were really happy to get you. You had grown and become a cute little boy."

She stopped to sign.

"And...?" Adrien interrupted.
(When I wrote Adrien, the autocorrect said Adrienette)

"And, well, we knew you were gonna turn into a handsome young man."

Adrien blushed while Lila snickered at his humiliated expression

"So, your father immediately claimed that you would become a model. He kept you away from the outer world and fed you diet food, homeschooled you."

She sighed again.

"At first, I thought that it was all for your good. Then, gradually, as I saw some children play outside, and their smiles, I realized that we were trapping you."

She continued.

"We were pretty much confining you from the outer world. I looked at those kids. They didn't have a lot of money. But, they had something you didn't.
Happiness.
I could see it in your eyes. You were sad. Lonely. I tried to convince your dad, but, he wouldn't listen."

Adrien smiled. Encouraging her to go on.

"I put up with him as much as I could. But I completely lost it when your father decided that you'd be married to Chloe."

"WHAT!?" Adrien shrieked.

Emilie chuckled. "I know. Pretty hard to take in, right?" She tried to stop laughing so as to not embarrass her son anymore.

Lila was not even trying to hide her laughter.
Well even if she was, she didn't do a very good job.

"Man, how I wish Nino was here. Oh and Alya too! Oh god, that would have been killer!"

Lila laughed so much, she was getting glances from practically everywhere in bakery.

"Shut up!" Adrien playfully punched her.

"I'd rather be married to a skull, thank you," Adrien said with nothing but pure sarcasm in his voice.

Emile chuckled at his answer. She liked it.

"Ok, so moving on, I argued and argued with your father. He couldn't take it anymore. And then, he pushed me out of the house. You were still asleep, so you didn't hear anything. After that, I wandered and found a job and worked really hard. That is how I made my ends meet." Emile finished.

"He did what!?" Adrien whisper shouted.

"Calm down! Your father did what he thought was right." Emile reasoned.

"He doesn't deserve to be called a father anymore," Adrien said.

"Adrien. Please don't get depressed over it. I'm fine, see!" She pointed to all of herself.

"But what if something happened to you!?"

"But it didn't!"

"But-"

"No buts!"

"If-"

"No ifs either!"

"Ok." Adrien gave up.

"That's ma' boy."

"See, it's about time our order has arrived."

They saw a girl walking towards them, she gave them the tray and walked away.

They ate and finally woke up when Emile offered to pay.

"But-"

"What did I tell you about buts?"

He groaned.

"Ok, I'll see you outside."

Adrien put on his jacket and headed outside when he bumped into another waitress.

"I'm sorry!" He said as he looked at the person he bumped into.

She wasn't exactly a waitress, actually.
Her dress stated that she was a chef.

Who

Had

Bluebell

Eyes.

And blue hair.

And porcelain skin.

And tiny freckles that were scattered over her nose.

And her hair was tied into two extremely familiar pigtails.

There's no doubt about it.

"Marinette?"