Random Scene #1: Halloween

There was a mean chill in the September weather of San Francisco. Penryn leaned into today's wind and speed walked down the partly demolished street. Her brown hair whipped her face and got more tangled with every second. I will cut you off the minute I get a pair of scissors. Just you wait hair! She said to her self. Penryn grabbed the freezing handle and pulled the door open to their families 'apartment', if someone could call it that. They've been staying here for about three weeks now and it's been the closest all of them had gotten to a home since the apocalypse.

Penryn ran up the flights of stairs and ducked into an outcrop of an unbroken wall that shielded a door from the wind and started to unstact the bricks and piles of wood that hid the door. "Why do humans obsess over death so much?" Penryn jumped and pull out Pooky Bear with the flip of a wrist. The tip of blade was and inch away from the speaker's adam's appel. You could never be to careful now. "Are you trying to kill me agian. Aren't you Penryn?" Penryn looked up at the soon-to-be-headless person and noticed that it was only Raffe.
Only Raffe... It is Raffe! Pooky Bear said in her weird mentally heard voice that only Penryn could hear. Oh shut up no one is talking to you. Stupid sword.
STUPID!!

"Well this wouldn't happen if you stopped sneaking up on me, Raphael," Penryn replied. Raffe acted wounded and totally shocked as he replied, "And here I was thinking we were past this part in our, ... partnership." At the word of partnership Raffe stumble and only managed to glance at her face. Penryn looked at her beat up shoes and replied, "Well is your lazy ass now going to help me open this door or not?" And with that they both got to work in silence. After only two minutes only a couple bricks were left. Penryn picked up the heaviest one and threw it a Raffe. He seamlessly caught the brick but the momentum of the throw caught him off balance. Raffe fell through the huge floor to ceiling hole in the wall and landed two stories below with a thud and string of swear words.

"Happy Halloween Raffe!"