chapter 1-Auditions

(b.y.)
I fumbled nervously with my violin, sweat trickling down my back. It was my dream, it had always been my dream to get into the Orchestra. If i screwed up this audition, its would be the end of my life...literally.
'Brett yUnG, you may begin'
my name is brett yang, not brett yUnG, I thought to myself, gently chuckling.
Taking in a deep breath, I started to play. Sibelius concerto, one of my favourites;I loved the way the piece was written, its complexity and chords;simply amazing.
(e.c)
Sighing in exasperation, I took a seat. I was going next. I eyed the dude playing Sibelius's violin concerto. He was wearing a worn out plain white T-shirt that said 'practise' and black jeans. His hair was messy,in a cute way and he wore black glasses.
Seriously Eddy! Get a grip on yourself, you're here to audition, not hit on someone! I thought desperately to myself. I looked at 'the dude' in awe, the perfect intonation, the phrasing, the way his fingers skittered across the fingerboard with such ease, such grace...
If only I had his number I thought to myself,grinning stupidly.
'Eddy chAnG , you're up next! You may begin' clearly, the judges needed pronunciation lessons. I shrugged hopelessly and started walking towards the audition room
(b.y.)
Phew...That was a close one. I skipped 2 notes by accident and the string crossings were pretty uneven. Let's hope the judges didn't notice. As I walked out of the audition room, head hung down low I bumped into someone. Wow great job Brett. Not even one day into college and you bump into someone I mentally chided myself. Suddenly, a loud CRACK caused me to snap my head up.
I looked down gingerly...
My shoulder rest had dropped and broken in half.
(e.c.)
'I'm so sorry! Oh gods I'm so sorry!' I squealed, covering my mouth that hung agape from shock. 'Is there anyway I can get you a new one? Can I get your name? Your number? I'm sorry I've got to go I'm up next for the auditions...'
To my surprise, he picked up the broken shoulder rest 'Nah, its fine. The name's Brett. Good luck for your auditions...' He mumbled, an obvious blush rising to his adorable cheeks. say whaaaat, eddy?? did you just think of him as adorable? Get a grip!!
     I walked into the audition room, my heart caught in my throat and a piece of paper (with Brett's number 🤩) sticking out of my backpocket.
Its all about the accuracy, as long as I get all the notes right I'll get my ass over with this and get in. Maybe with Brett. Maybe. I begun playing the Paginini Caprice.