chapter 7- Stay Away

(b.y.)
     Realisation hit me hard in the face when I woke up. Scenes from the previous eventful night replayed themselves countless number of times in my head, making me regret my impulsiveness. I had cried in Eddy's arms. I had then kissed Eddy. I apologised. He accepted my apology.
     A knock on the door jolted me back to reality.
     'Brett, are you up yet? Rehearsal's starting in an hour, breakfast is served now, you want anything to eat?' Eddy called. Was last night a dream? Eddy was acting as though nothing had happened.
'Yea I'm awake, I'll pass for breakfast, unless...' I held my breath long enough for Eddy open the door and come in. 'unless you eat with me,' I whispered, barely audible. Eddy laughed - a happy, melodious sound that made my heart go ka-poom - and said, 'Well, looks like your getting breakfast after all!' Huh, looks more like last night was real after all.
     I moved around nervously in the chair while nibbling small bits off my taco and occasionally stealing a glance at Eddy. He wore a grey sweater and black pants, on his right thumb lay a ring, glimmering dangerously under the morning rays. I looked closely ;it was a ring from the chen family ;a reminder that Eddy was not from the same level as I ;a reminder that Eddy and I could never be more than just friends.
Suddenly I didn't feel like eating anymore. Last night wasn't true, I told myself repeatedly . Stay away from him. The more attracted you get to him now, the worse the consequences are. Keep your distance. A small voice buzzed in my head, a voice that I eventually succumbed to and decided to follow.
(e.c)
     Brett was nibbling the sides of his taco, fidgeting nervously in his chair. He had bags under his eyes and looked extremely cute in his hoodie. He studied me closely, eyes glancing at me hand - the ring on my hand - and for a second he opened his mouth, about to say something, but then closed it almost immediately, his deadpan face turning into a frown.
     'Brett, you okay?' I asked him.
'Yea. Thanks for helping me , actually I should get going. Bye Eddy,' Brett stood up, muttering something about staying away before hastily grabbing his stuff and rushing to rehearsal. Did he just...dump me? Am I not good enough for him? Did last night mean nothing to him? Last night, which I had been dreaming about since the day I saw him? A million questions swarmed in my head, a million of which I had no answers to. Devouring my taco in a huge bite, I grabbed my violin case, phone and keys, and rushed to rehearsal, hoping to catch up with the koala, my koala.
My hopes shattered like a piece of glass when I entered the rehearsal hall - Brett chatting to Jasmine intensely - he didn't even hi when I made the slightest eye contact with him. My heart broke and tears swelled, threatening to fall. I meant nothing to him.
(b.y.)
All my life, walking away from Eddy was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. And I've done plenty of tough work. I was careful not to seem sad, but that's when Jasmine called me.
'Brett! What happened to you? You look like a panda-koala!' She giggled, pointing at my dark bags.
'Long story...Next time, yea? ' I replied, which, of course, didn't satisfy her.
'Come onnnn! I'm just checking on a friend! Pretty please? '
'No!'
'Yes!'
'No!'
'Yes!'
'Ok fine you win! Basically...' I sighed and told her, giving in to her iron will. I expected her to flinch, or at least frown upon how absolutely pathetic I was, but her reaction was definitely unexpected.
Nodding thoughtfully, Jasmine patted me on the shoulder. 'You shouldn't try avoiding him, its not gonna work that way! He's your standpartner and the only person - excluding me - you've opened up to,' She noted, oblivious of a horrified-looking Eddy behind her, looking as though he might break any second.
'Brett! Why did you run off without me?' Eddy questioned, hurt written on his face - correction - his beautiful face.
'I'm sorry, Eddy. This...Whatever this is...its over. Thanks for being there. ' I managed, looking at Jasmine for help. Jasmine shook her head vigorously, telling me to apologise and take it back. Oops. Too late now.
'I...I better go...go setup,' Eddy's lips trembled, those large brown eyes watering up, shining furiously under the rehearsal hall's bright lights. Naturally, being a wrong-timed-moron-he-was, that's when the conductor came in.
I gave Jasmine my number, with her promising she'll be there anytime if I ever needed her help, and scurried to setup.
-
Rehearsal had ended for the day, it was one of the rare occasions when the conductor seemed to be in a good mood and not pick on our playing. But even that couldn't stop me from grieving over my messed up feelings for Eddy. I quickly glanced at Eddy as I packed my violin, and hurried off home, muttering a quick 'bye'.
As soon as I reached my front door, I could practically sense that something was wrong. The welcome mat was tilted to the left, with muddy shoeprints on it. I studied them carefully, before coming to a dreadful conclusion - she had come to visit me.

_____________________________
A/n:
I'm really sorry for this crappy chapter I promise next chapt will be better I had no idea how to phrase this whole chapter :"(
i'll try to update the next chapter asap but meantime pls help by clicking 'vote', however small the action might seem, it helps me a lot and it makes my day when I see people actually enjoying my stories and taking their time to read it 💖💖 thanks if you read till here!
xoxo,
@thesacrilegiousboi