chapter 10- you

(b.y.)
I checked the time. 3pm. Okay, that was a long nap. I could literally swear I only closed my eyes for a second, hoping Eddy wouldn't leave me. But of course, he did. You're disgusting. Eddy is from the Chen family, who are you to think that Eddy freaking Chen will fall for you? Impossible. Especially now he knows about your past. You're nothing but a toy to him. He even knows you're gay now, good job! He left you out of disgust, you pathetic creature! A voice nagged in my head. It continued on and on, telling me how unworthy I was to have Eddy as a friend, or...more.

'Urgh! shut up!' I shouted like some physcopath from those horror movies. Out of insecurity, I texted Eddy
                                 ...
B: Hey bro, you doing good?
sent 3.13pm
Seen 3.16pm

E: I should be the one asking that, after, you know, yesterday.
sent 3.17 pm
seen 3.17pm

B: Yea yea, we'll talk about that later. How's your 'thing'? Is it settled? Or do you need some help? 😏
sent 3.17 pm
seen 3.20pm

E: Are you trying to flirt with me? And trust me, its really not what you think...its just, it just happens sometimes, y'know?
sent 3.20 pm
seen 3.20 pm

B: Are you suggesting I should flirt with you? Nah, I wasn't. Hmm...tell me about it :P
sent 3.20pm
seen 3.20 pm

E: Hey! That's not fair! Unless...you tell me who your crush is. Deal?
sent 3.20 pm
seen 3.20 pm

B: Come over. I'd like to tell you in person.
sent 3.27 pm
seen 3.27 pm

E: Awesome! What took you so long to reply though? Dang...do I get to be the flower boy at your wedding?
sent 3.27 pm
seen 3.27 pm

B: We'll see...maybe you'll be busy with...another role.
sent 3.28 pm
seen 3.28 pm
...
(e.c.)
'David, I'm heading out! Get my violin ready and clothes ironed by tonight, I don't know if I'm staying over, I'll let you know if I do so yea?' I yelled down the hallway, hearing an echo. David didn't reply, but I was sure he had taken it down somewhere, he was good in that way.

The car engine roared to life, and by then the warm sun had been replaced by dark, gloomy clouds, signalling the arrival of a storm. I put the boxes of pizza I'd gotten on the passenger's seat, and started driving to Bretts'. The Sibelius concerto could barely be heard in the midst of booming thunder, but as I listened, memories of Brett and my friendship started flashing across my mind. The way his fingers moved across the fingerboard with such ease, such grace. 'Brett, I'll always be here for you, alright?' Why wouldn't Brett talk to me? 'Eddy...help...sister...help...' 'I'm gay'
As those scences flashed across my mind, my stomach suddenly tensed up, as though there were a thousand butterflies in it. I could literally feel it flip and somersault, clenching and unclenching. Which meant....no. That couldn't be it. Or could it? The feeling I'd gotten in high school every day when my crush walked past and winked at me, saying hi. Does that make me bi?

My car halted to a stop before I knew it. Getting out of the car, I walked towards the door and knocked gently. 'Brett, are you in there?' I called.

Muffled, quick footsteps could be heard and the door creaked open, revealing a weak, smiling Brett.

(b.y.)
'So you really did bring pizza! I was craving it,'
'Of course! Why would anyone lie about pizza? That's not very nice, is it?'
'I guess it isn't. Is it okay if we watched a movie? Pizza goes well with movies,' I added.
Eddy nodded his head in approval and waited for me to choose a movie. We eventually decided on endgame, avengers, given Eddy and I hadn't watched it yet and it had gotten rather good reviews.

'So...you want to talk about yesterday?' Eddy prompted.
Just thinking about yesterday made me feel sick. I was not going to let that memory ruin my evening.
'Not really, actually. What happened in the morning? '

It was ten whole seconds before Eddy answered.

'I...kinda...thought about something? And it uhh...might have...sort of turned me on?'

I looked him dead in the eye.

'What was that something you were thinking about, hm?'

I love you 3000, a heard from the tv.

'you.'