chapter 4-Dinner Date

(e.c.)
AHHHHHHHHHH I screamed internally, my heart beating at an unnaturally fast pace. Adrenaline rushed through me,and as soon as I arrived home, I ran to the bathroom, preparing for a nice long bath...
(b.y.)
6pm...6pm...dinner...6pm...
     I felt a knot form in my stomach while scrubbing my hair. Time check: 3.30pm. breathe,Brett,its not like you just agreed to a dinner date!
As I washed off the soap, my thoughts wandered...did Eddy just ask me out? On a dinner date? Nah, he probably just wants to apologise for bumping into me...Not like he would fancy taking someone like me out! I sighed, feeling dead inside.
(e.c.)
It was 5pm. Who knew a 'nice long bath' would have lasted for 2 whole hours? Not like its my fault I wanted to smell good. I have been told by many that I smell.
I took in a deep breath and dressed up. I wore my favourite red shirt with black jeans, and was debating if I should comb my bangs to the left or right when I received I text from Brett:
...
Brett- Hey Eddy! See you in a bit :-) What are you wearing?
me- Hi! Thats a secret, you'll find out later! Do you think I should comb my bangs to the left or right?
Brett- haha,it doesn't really matter since u look good either ways
me- heyy lying isn't good! See you :)
...
I grinned like an idiot while texting Brett back. Why does the smallest acts of having a conversation with him seem to make me smile? Could I be...nah. After all, I did crush on quite a few girls before. But the way Brett made me feel whenever I talked to him was...unique. Special. He made me feel more me when I was with him. (b.y.)
The white hoodie or the grey one? My mind was clouded with a million possibilities the dinner (date) might lead to. Grabbing the grey hoodie and a pair of white jeans, I was all set and ready to go (more like ready to faint). It was 5.45 and the restaurant Eddy had recommended was a 5 minute walk away from where I was currently staying. Well, better safe than sorry, right? I snatched my keys and started walking to the restaurant.
'Hello. I have a reservation for 2 under the name Eddy Chen.' I said to the staff.
'Ah,Mr Chen's friend...such an honour...this way please,' The staff seemed too friendly, a little intimidated even. Has that got to do with Eddy? I thought.
When I arrived at the table, Eddy was already there,casually checking his instagram. He was wearing...wow. I checked him out from head to toe, damn! He was wearing a red shirt that showed his collarbone and black jeans that shaped his ass perfectly. Red made him look really hot. Hotter than usual. I gulped feverishly when I found myself staring. stop it Brett! what are you doing?
'Hey Brett! Like my hairstyle?' Eddy smirked, running his fingers through his smooth, fine hair.
'Yea,its really cu-I mean,it suits you a lot,' I managed, almost making a fool of myself.
'Yea,I thought so too. Sit down! Why are you just standing there? Order anything you want, its on me,' Eddy added. I nodded and sat directly in front of him and ordered a bowl of spaghetti,and gasped when I saw the price.
'Woah, this place is pricey...you sure its on you?' I asked Eddy cautiously
'Actually, here's the thing. I'm actually born in a richer-than-average family...' Eddy mumbled, clearly at a loss for words
So thats why the staff was scared! Eddy's family is probably a frequent customer or something. I wonder what his parents are like!
'oh...okay. Uh...thanks for the treat I guess,' I replied.
We started cracking jokes and making fun of the conductor and his dramatic ways of giving cues. It was a wonderful time; but something went wrong. Really wrong.
'Brett Yang! Why are you here? I told you to transfer a thousand to our bank account, why haven't you done so yet?' A voice I've come to fear yelled, leaving Eddy and I paralysed in shock. I turned slowly, hoping it wasn't who I thought it was. My stepmother.