chapter 3-First Rehearsal

(b.y.)
I rubbed my eyes and stifled a yawn before lazily checking the time. 6.30am. Groaning with distaste, I dragged myself into the bathroom, preparing myself for my first rehearsal.
I decided to wear a black hoodie with a pair of grey sweatpants - nothing like a comfy outfit to kickstart a possibly tiring day,right? scores..? check. violin..? check. keys..? check. Of course, I can't have myself trudging into the first day of orchestra without some caffeine, I thought as I poured myself some coffee. All set and ready to go.
I tapped my foot impatiently while waiting for the bus. It was taking forever! Finally, my bus came and I entered, hoping for the best.
The first thing I noticed when I entered the rehearsal hall was her. She wore thin, metal framed glasses, her pouted lips tinted to the slightest shade of orange, and tied a neat, tall ponytail. Cute and elegant, I liked her at once. My palms turned clammy as she turned to face me with a look of amusement.
'Hi, I'm Jasmine. You are..?'
(e.c.)
I woke up abruptly, slamming the 'stop' button on my alarm. 7.30am. Damn it,I'm going to be late, I said while calling my personal chauffeur.
'Hey David, do me a favour and get me a new shoulder rest!' I called to my helper, remembering my promise to Brett. As I scurried into the bathroom to get changed, I couldn't help but feel nervous. About rehearsal, of course. Totally not about seeing Brett again and talking to him. Totally.
Grabbing my violin case and scores in a swift motion, I rushed into the car, praying I wouldn't be late to my first rehearsal.
The most unexpected things always happens at the least expected times. Naturally, when I walked in, Brett had to be laughing his head off at a joke some girl cracked. My heart sank. A stab of doubt gutted me through. Brett is perfect! What makes you think you are special to him?
'Morning, Brett.'
'Hey Eddy! You're finally here,I've been expecting you for quite a while!'
'You have..? I mean, Of course! Sorry I overslept...' stupid Eddy, I scolded myself
'Thats okay. Meet Jasmine! She's a violist,'
'Hi.'
'Well rehearsal is starting soon, lets set up!' I declared, looking at Brett pointedly while handing him the brand new shoulder rest I had gotten him.
(b.y.)
I looked up and stared at Eddy for god knows how long, capturing every detail of the beautiful work of art. His crop-cut hair, those small asian eyes, and his masculine arms. Damnnn...
As he took out the scores and his violin, I wondered if he could be...nah. Even if he was, he was too perfect for someone like me. something like me. I exhaled contentedly, taking out my violin and carefully adjusted the brand new shoulder rest Eddy had given me. It was exactly the same brand, same model. Which meant after a few uses it would probably slip off easily again. Not that I minded.
The conductor strolled in casually whilst I was lost in my thoughts and soon after, tuning begun.
'Now, musicians. We will be performing Mahler at the upcoming concert and I expect all of you have already learnt it?' I gave Eddy a sideways glance. A cheeky grin rose to both of our cheeks; time to sight read.
(e.c.)
'Pheww...who knew Mahler was that difficult? I almost sight read everything in the wrong key!' I complained to Brett once rehearsal had ended for the day.
'I know, right? At least it wasn't paginini though, that would have been an absolute wreck,' Brett yawned, scratching his back.
As we walk towards the bus stop together, I muster up all the courage I had (which is about as much as none) and decided to ask him a question that has been pestering me since the day I met him.
'Hey listen...I've got something to ask you... Yownagooufodirwime?'
Judging by his adorably confused expression, I think I might have stuttered a little. Just a little.
'sorry what?'
'I said, um, do you,you know, wanna go out for ,um...dinner with me tonight?
     awkward silence...
     'Sure! 6pm, send me the address I'll see you in a bit!' He says brightly, a smile plastered on his face.
     'see ya!' I reply, feeling as if I were on cloud nine. Maybe cloud ten even.

_____________________________
Hey guyss! Guess what this got 64 reads ok this was unexpected I'll continue writing the story HAHA thanks so so much for even bothering to read, please feel free to share anything, anything at all :)
What do yall think of Jasmine? I got the name from Brett when he was serenading people with the violin on the phone, I love that video hehe. Will Jasmine steal Brett's heart from Eddy..? Or will it be the other way round? The only way to find out is the find out!
Wow okay this was a really long chapt hope yall enjoyed
Also FYI when verbally communicating, what Eddy says will be in a regular font while what Brett says will be bolded!
Till then,

thesacriligieousboi 💖💖