chapter 11- but i love you

(b.y.)
I didn't know how I was supposed to react to that.
you.
I've been hoping, praying for this, haven't I?
you.
It didn't make sense.
you.
Fantasising isn't going to help, Brett.

that tingling sensation twirled down my spine. i felt giddy.

'eddy...why..?'
'w...what?
'you know what i'm talking about'
'brett...'
'WHY are you doing this to me? why me? hell, why you? of all fucking 7 billion people in the goddamn world, why you? can't you see i'm in no place to-'

he broke it off with a deep, passionate kiss. connecting our lips, it was as though we were meant to be; adrenaline coursed through my body as his large, veiny hands explored my back. slowly, he wrapped those delicate long fingers around my neck, caressing my hair ever so gently.

stop it, brett. you aren't worth it.
i broke the kiss.

'i know you're going through a lot, brett. please...give it some thought, alright?' eddy stared straight into my eyes. as i gazed back into those watery brown puppy dog eyes, i wondered how anyone could possibly resist him. it was all so tempting - too tempting -
somewhat resembling the ocean; beautiful, calming and inviting, yet its undiscovered depths filled with horrors.

are you going to risk it, brett? are you going to risk losing everything you have? you aren't worth it. why would you assume anyone likes you? eddy's just doing this to make you feel better, don't you know that? he pities you because that's how you deserve to be treated.

'i...i'm sorry. this won't work out.' my voice cracked. 'd...don't get me wrong...you...you're great and all but,' i breathed. 'i don't deserve you.'

tears seemed to threaten to fall from those soft brown eyes that were once filled with hope and love, only to get shattered by me.

(e.c.)
i felt like an idiot. a complete moron. what made me think i could do this? what made me think brett would accept who i am?

i fought back overwhelming tears from falling. this wasn't the time to be a crybaby. 'o..oh...okay..okay then. b..bye..' i managed. each breathe felt like a thousand stabs to my heart, gutting me through and each step towards the door, away from him felt like mission impossible. i turned around and absorbed every little detail him before closing the door; his soft, cherry lips, his teary, asian eyes, his silky, natural hair; for the last time. a gentle sob was heard as i shut the door.

'but...but i love you, brett.' i choked on the never-ending string of tears as soon as i got into the car.

-
helloo i'm bach 🐮 how's everyone doing moo i have a recent obsession with the cow emoji anyw stay safe & remember to practice! really appreciate everyone (3k reads wtf am i dreaming) who read my weirdass stories and voted/left comments, they mean the world to me 🤍 now go practice 🤩