Part 15 - Stanley Uris

"Stan, you got to promise me that you will be EXTRA careful if we let you go back to camp. Even with Bill around." My Mom scolds. My doctor ended up telling my parents that I could go back to camp.
"I know, Mom." I say, clear annoyance in my voice.
*1 day later*
"Stan the Man, Big Bill!" Richie yells. Eddie playfully hits his hand.
"Hey, Richie, Eddie." I say.
"Baby, you got to go and take your pain and anxiety pills." Bill tells me. I roll my eyes. I hated taking my pain and anxiety pills. It made me feel very different. I sigh. I take Bill's hand. We slip into our cabin.
"Babe, do I have to?" I ask.
"Yes. It will help with the pain. Plus, your anxiety." Bill replies. I take my pills with ease. Bill's look, a look of sympathy.
"Bill, stop giving me sympathy looks. It makes me feel so different, not in a good way. The rest of the camp already looks at me like that, even our friends. You can't look at me like that too." I cry out. By the end, I'm tearing up. I can still feel Bill's presence even when I can't see him.
"I'm sorry, Baby. I'll try my hardest." He whispers. A loud thump interrupts the moment. It's Mike and Ben.
"Do you guys want to go and play volleyball with us?" Ben asks.
"I can't do physical activity." "But I would love to watch." I continue.
"You guys don't have to. You two can stay here." Mike says. We follow Mike and Ben anyways.
"You can play with them, Bill." I say. In reality, I felt guilty.
"No, I want to stay with you. Forever."