twelve

( outfit for the day above )
{ Tori's POV }

I woke up this morning feeling somewhat complete. Which is strange for someone who has just lost their mother, who was the person who raised them. I mean I was happy with my mother and I loved her. I still do.. but I always felt like a big part of who I was, was missing and it wasn't just because I didn't have a father.
Don't get me wrong there were times I wondered who my father was, and I had always wanted to meet him..but he wasn't the missing part of me. If that makes any sense at all.
It was always something I couldn't ever put my finger on ; it was like everything within me was screaming trying to tell me, and I just couldn't understand it. Now I'm starting too. I belong here not just the mansion but in this world. Not just because I'm blood related but because it's who I am. They might not fully see it yet but I belong here..and for the first time in forever,
I feel like I'm home.

<•>

After waking up and getting ready this morning. I decided it was time to explore what was now my home. I surprisingly slept through breakfast and being lunch should be coming up soon. I decided to just feed my curiosity before feeding my body. It's not like I'll starve.

<•>

Im currently looking in every door I can get into. So far I've found the library, ballroom, other people's bedrooms, extra bathrooms, and the gym. So far....

My train of thought gets paused as I turn a corner and almost run smack into Diego.

"Oh Diego. My bad. I thought all of you were busy today." I say not really expecting an answer or anything. It just seemed rude not to say anything.

He nods his head to the left which is where the gym area is..

"You are going to the gym?" I ask

He nods his head yes and starts to walk away so of course I follow him. Because frankly I'm getting bored. He doesn't stop me or seem annoyed at the fact I'm basically trailing behind him like a lost puppy, so I continue to follow him till we reach the gym.

Diego goes over to the left and picks up two staffs. He throws one straight at me, luckily I catch it even though I was caught off guard.

"I'm assuming you are going to train me somehow.." I say knowing he probably won't say anything back

Diego nods as he swings the staff towards me.
I do the same stopping his before it hits me.

"You should know I've never done this before.."
I say and he nods

"But do me a favor and don't take it easy on me.." I tell him and this time he smirks

We continue sparing or whatever you wish to call it for almost an hour. I had gotten knock down like three times on my butt and a few other times I would've been dead had it been an actual weapon. I'm sure I'll have a few bruises but I also got a few good hits on Diego, surprisingly.

The very last time I even managed to knock him on the ground with the staff which he didn't even seem remotely surprised by.

I held out my hand with a smirk and helped him up like he did to me after each time he knocked me on the ground.

"It only took an hour.." I say breathing a little heavier than normal because we've been non stop sparing the whole hour.