thirty

( picture of Vera above )
{ Vera's POV }

I've been in the mafia mansion for four days.
That's right it's been four days since Tori was taken. Yesterday Alex's men arrived, and yet no one has found her.

No one.

I can't help but get angry.

Angry at myself for not being able to do something. Angry at them for not being able to find her, and mainly angry at Adrian and his goons for taking her.

She's the only person I could even consider a friend and now she's gone. The worst part is not knowing if she'll make it back, and what if she does but is never the same.

<>

I go downstairs to see if there has been any update, and soon enough I see everyone in the meeting room / tech room trying to find her.

I walk in the room they're in — even though girls aren't allowed. Apparently it's because we aren't sworn in the mafia...but at this point I don't care. Because they aren't getting anywhere by themselves.

I go to the table that they have everything scattered out on and I get close enough to see everything. There's papers listing the Russians estates although that's pretty much useless, because chances are they haven't left Italy yet.

After looking the table over a few times I spot a piece of paper with nothing but random numbers on it.

I pick it up and say "What is this?"

Lorenzo and Marco seem caught of guard, meanwhile Diego seems unfazed. None of them answer my question.

"You aren't suppose to be in here." Marco says just realizing I'm in here. I thought they were supposed to be on guard or something.

"She's been gone four days. I think you need all the help you can get. Now what is this?" I ask this pregnancy is making me snappy, well that's what I'm going to blame my attitude on if it gets brought up.

"She's right." I hear a strange voice say from behind me so I turn and look. I see Alex, an older looking version of Alex, and Luca behind me. Valente, Riccardo, Francesco, and Stefan are behind them. The voice came from the older looking version of Alex. Maybe his father?

"I'm Michael, Alex's father." He introduces himself, and now I know my suspicions are correct.

"I'm Vera." I reply as I give a nod but continue to look at the paper in front of me.

Stefan takes the paper out of my hand and says "You should be resting.."

"I have been for four days, and none of you have gotten anywhere. Now I'd like to help."
I tell him

Stefan goes to say something but Lorenzo cuts him off.

"The numbers are what Tori gave to Greta to give Luca in case something happened. Which obviously something did happen. Only now Luca, doesn't know what it means, and neither does the rest of us." Lorenzo finally explains

"Did she say anything or leave another message somewhere?" I question

"Yes actually.." Lorenzo answers