Chapter Five - The Kitten Necklace

By the time Mr Bossy returned from work, I was showered, changed and sitting as neatly as I could in the living room. When his 'Magic Flute' thing had finished, I still couldn't decide whether I liked it or not so, after making myself another cup of cappuccino, I played it through again and this time managed to persuade the magic machine to pop the words up on the screen so I could at least half way follow what they were going on about.

Mr Bossy had mentioned that he had someone to drive him to and from work and he saw his journey as a chance to catch up on his phone calls - I suppose that's the sort of thing that makes sense if you have dirty great heaps of money - so I wasn't surprised that he was on the phone as he stepped out of the lift. He started grinning when he noticed the music though.

But then he must have seen what I was wearing because he gave a funny sort of double take. He beckoned me over, took my hand and guided me up to the top of the steps before, himself, stepping down into the living room and unashamedly inspecting me for a very long time.

It made me feel as if I was standing on a bit of a stage for him but at least this time I didn't feel at all self-conscious. I knew that I looked really good in that skirt! I even gave him a twirl with its associated flash of thigh!

He was still talking on the phone but I could tell he was becoming distinctly distracted... result! "I understand your concern," he said when the person at the other end paused for breath, but I'm afraid I have to interrupt you there. I will call you back in about ten minutes. Something has come up."

I tried to avoid dropping my eyes down towards his crotch but I didn't quite manage it.

He gave me a frown and then his hand shot out - he was amazingly quick - and I received a sharp rap on the bottom!

"Hey! That's not fair!" I protested. "I didn't say anything!"

He simply stared at me until I gave in. "OK... I was thinking unladylike thoughts!" I admitted. "But only thinking!"

"And I was only thinking of giving you a spanking," he replied with a grin. "But we're getting distracted. I have something for you."

He took a small box out of his jacket pocket and gave it to me. But when I tried to open it, I realised that my hands were trembling. He put his hands on mind to steady them and said, "I appreciate that you are not comfortable with the idea of accepting expensive gifts from me so this is only silver and mother of pearl."

At last I managed to get the box open and could look at what was inside. And I was caught midway between laughing and crying because it was so very beautiful - and so very special for the two of us. There was a narrow silver chain with a small, shiny white, curled-up kitten pendant.

"I hope that, should you choose to leave, you'll take it with you to remember me by," he said.

I nodded but I didn't trust myself to speak. I'd have completely lost it if I'd tried.

And, for once, he let me get away with it.

He took the necklace from its box, fastened it around my neck and undid the top two buttons of my blouse so that you could see the lovely kitten. Then, after studying the effect for a few seconds, he freed my hair from the tight ponytail that I normally keep it in so that it fell loosely down around my shoulders. It really changed the way I looked.... a timid, insecure Cat became a much more open and laid back kitten.

On consideration, I rather liked the effect!

So I stretched up on tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you," I managed to say.

"You're very welcome," he replied then he stepped back down into the living room to inspect me again.

"You know you look exquisite in that outfit, don't you?" he asked.