Chapter Seven - An Unpleasant Meeting

It was still dark and I was fast asleep when they appeared. Before I could think, I was already blindfolded and gagged. They didn't say anything but they didn't need to. Everything they did let me know that they were completely in control and I was completely helpless.

Somehow their calm even smoothed down the panic inside me. It, whatever 'it' was, was going to happen. Just relax and go with it. Whilst one of them casually dressed me, the other appeared to be collecting my stuff.

"I am about to remove the gag," one of them whispered in my ear. I was a bit surprised that she was a woman but I don't suppose there are any rules that say women aren't allowed to be terrifying henchmen. "You are going to tell me where you have hidden the rest of the money. You are not going to make any other noise."

Of course I did as she said.

Then I was hurried out of the hotel by what felt like an emergency exit and hustled into a car. One of them sat next to me with a hand on my arm that basically said, 'Don't even think about doing anything stupid.'

The length of the car journey felt about right and when I was marched into a lift, I knew for certain where I had been brought. They took me along to the room at the back of the flat - the one that was always kept locked.

They took the blindfold and gag off me then left.

I was in a small, white tiled room. There was a folding table with a single chair behind it. On the table was the phone - still in its box - and the rest of the money.

And sitting in the chair was the last person in the world that I wanted to see... and he looked more than grim.

"Hello again," Mr Bossy said. His voice had the familiar Mr Bossy tone but, here and now, it was so much more frightening. He was silent for such a long time that I thought I ought to say something - the problem was that I could not think of a single thing to say.

At last he spoke. "You did not have my permission to take those clothes away," he informed me flatly. "Consequently you have forfeited the right to wear them. Remove them at once."

"But..."

"Five... four..."

I began to tear off the clothes and soon I was standing in front of him in just my bra and pants.

"Underwear too," he told me in the same flat tone

"But..."

Three... two..."

I hurriedly did as I was told. I didn't want to find out what was going to happen if he reached zero. Within seconds, I was standing naked in front of him, trying to hide myself with my hands.

"You know why you are here," he said in a calm, cold voice.

"I don't know," I said. I could hear my voice rising in panic as I said it. "I didn't do anything."

"One," he said.

"One what?"

"I'm sure you can work it out. Just make sure that the count doesn't get too high before you do."

It looks like he's counting lies. I don't know what he plans to do about it but I should probably go for the truth from now on.

"Because I stole off you." I suggested. "I'm sorry, I'll pay you back."

He just looked at me and frowned.

"What?" I exploded desperately.

"You can work it out. We've already established that you're not stupid."