Chapter Seventeen - Titanic Headland

"Master..." I suddenly said. I hesitated for a moment but I guess the wine had made me brave. "Master, please may I ask for one more thing?"

"You may... ask," he replied.

"Please..." I clasped my hands together, squeezing them between my thighs. "Please could we go and have a look over the edge of the cliff at the waves. I've never seen anything like that before."

"Never?"

I shook my head.

"Then certainly. In fact..." he checked the time on his phone, "why don't we go for a stroll along the cliff top path? There's a car park where I can ask the driver to wait with the limo. I'm sure he'll be happy about the overtime."

"Do you mean this is all getting too expensive?" I asked as my worries with the dresses and the shoes and then the amazing lunch came bubbling up to the surface.

"Kitten!" he said. I could tell he was sort of telling me off but he found it pretty funny too. "You are still my pet, remember. You never have to worry your pretty little head about anything like that."

I dropped my gaze. "Sorry," I whispered.

He put a finger under my chin and gently raised my head again. "You're not in trouble," he reassured me. "You were trying to be good... but it's really not your place to worry about that sort of thing, is it?" He ruffled his fingers through my hair.

I gave him a nervous smile. I mean... I knew it was impossibly patronising but it still made me feel better.

"Should we go then?" Master asked.

I nodded and, whilst he dealt with the money stuff and phoned the driver, I stared out of the window at the waves and had to stop myself from jumping up and down in excitement! Then he took me by the hand and led me out of the restaurant. "Come on then... walkies!"

"Isn't that supposed to be puppies not kittens?" I asked before I could think.

He reached down and gave my bottom a squeeze. I squeaked but he just smiled and took my hand.

From the hotel, the path dropped steeply down into a narrow valley. We crossed a stream at a little bridge and then had to clamber up the other side. The way up was so steep it had steps in places and we were both out of breath by the time we reached the top - which was back at the same level as we had started. Most of the land round here was fairly flat apart from the valley we'd just crossed - and, of course, the drop-off-the-edge cliff!

From there, the path headed straight towards the sea, running along the side of the little valley. And I was so busy looking back at the hotel that I completely missed the fact that I was walking towards the edge of the cliff. "Careful, Kitten!" Master said as he grabbed my hand.

I froze and then crept a bit closer to the edge, still nervously gripping his hand. There was a sudden drop of about a million miles down to the sea. It seemed wrong that people would allow such a dangerous drop-off-the-edge without a fence. As I watched, a wave crashed in, smashing onto the rocks below, and I was just amazed at the power of that swirling white water.

"Is it always this wild?" I asked Master who had let go of my hand and stepped back.

He didn't answer and, when I looked around, I saw that he was smiling and taking a photo of me. "This isn't wild, Kitten. I'll bring you along here some time when there's been a serious storm. Then you'll see proper waves!"

Even though he was saying I'd be his kitten for ages and ages, I couldn't help smiling. I just loved the idea of coming back here when there'd been a huge storm with ginormous, crashing waves.