For Her

NAMJOON'S POV:

"Thank you, have a good day."

I hear from my office in the back of the store, relived to hear business is going smooth as normal, My thoughts are interrupted by the buzzing of my phone, I see it's my wife so I answer.

"Hello?"

"Namjoon, did Hyemi come by the store?"

"No I hadn't seen her, why?"

"She didn't come home from school, I waited for her at the bus stop and she didn't get off the bus, oh my god what if something happened-"

"Y/n calm down, I'll call her friends parents and see if she rode home with them"

"Okay, I'm so worried Namjoon"

"Deep breaths y/n, let me call Jackson and see if she's there"

"Okay Joon, bye."

I hang up and immediately call my friend Jackson who's kids are friends with Hyemi, he picks up after the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jackson, it's me Namjoon"

"Hey Namjoon, what's up?"

"Hyemi didn't ride the bus home and I was wondering if she rode home with you and the kids"

"No man, I just picked up my kids, no Hyemi"

"Shit, okay man um thanks."

I hang up and began nervously pacing around my office, I grab my phone and call my friend, Yoongi who immediately answers.

"What's up Joon?"

"Yoongi Hyemi is missing"

"What?"

"She's missing, she didn't get off the bus and she's not at her friends house, y/n is a nervous wreck and I'm about to get there myself"

"Me and Hoseok will come get you at the store and we'll go look around for her, be there in five minutes"

"Alright, thanks man."

I hang up and grab my jacket, I put my phone in my pocket and walked out to the front where my employee, Soobin was managing the register.

"Soobin, I gotta step out for an emergency, When you leave just lock up and close the store". I tell him.

"Yes sir". Soobin saids.

Yoongi pulls up and honks, I sprint out to his car and hop in the back, Yoongi begins driving.

"Where should we start looking Joon?". Hoseok asks.

"Let's start by the school and work our way around". I said.

"Gotcha". Hoseok saids.

We head to the school to begin our search, I kept my eyes peeled for any sign of my little girl, hoping by some miracle she was out there.

DET. DON LEE'S POV:

I was driving along the city with a hot tea in my hand when my radio starts going off like crazy, I set the tea down and pick up the receiver

"This is Detective Lee, what's the emergency?"

"There's a report of a child's body found in the pit in Seoul Forrest"

"I'm reporting to the scene, have police there and  cordon off the scene."

I turn on my lights and speed towards Seoul Forrest, any case involving a child is hard but it's apart of the course of being a detective, I arrive at Seoul Forrest and see the officers on scene so I get out and walk over.

"What's the scene?". I ask.

"A little girl about the age of five, she's wearing a school uniform so she had just gotten out of school, a jogger reported the body"

"Any visible wounds?"

"She has a laceration on her head but that's not what killed her."

The officer leads me towards the pit and there I see the feet of the little girl, I put some examination gloves before jumping in with the officer.

"The girl appeared to have been strangled by strong hands so we suspect the killer she knew and was male."

I walk up to the body and kneel down, I move a strain of hair from her face and I feel my heart drop into my stomach when I recognize the face.

"Shit". I mumble quietly.

"Detective?"

"I know her...she's my granddaughter.."

"Don-"

"How the fuck am I suppose to tell Joon?"

We hear a commotion outside and the officers fighting with some people, I tell the officer with me to go maintain the situation.

"Let me in you motherfuckers!"

"Is she in there?!"

I recognize that voice as Namjoon and knew I had to go out there so I step out of the pit and walked over to where he was with his friends.

"Take it easy, That's the father". I demanded.

"Dad! Is that my daughter in there?! Look in my eyes, is she in there?!". Namjoon shouts, his voice cracking.

I felt my heartbreak as I see Namjoon look at me with pleading eyes, I give a small nod and Namjoon loses it, falling to the ground crying loudly.

"Nononono". I hear him whine as his friends comfort him.

The world around me started being tuned out and everything was a blur, The corner comes to take the body to the morgue and Namjoon runs up to the gurney, pulling the sheet back and breaking down at the sight of Hyemi's body. The sight of my son's world crumbling down around him breaks my heart and seeing my granddaughter lifeless broke it more, I felt something in me beginning to stir, that's rage and I will find the son of a bitch responsible for this.

For Her.