Angel.exe has stopped working

TiMEsKIP

Mimzy grinned. She'd slipped the juice of a flower named Second Death into Angel's drink. It was known to, in the very best of situations, send a demon into a coma. The worst it could do was bring about its namesake. The only place where it grew was in Lucifer amd Lilith's gardens. It had black petals, a white stem and its juice was red as blood. She left the room, suppressing evil laughter.

Angel sipped on his strawberry milkshake absentmindedly while the others enjoyed mint choc chip ice cream. He was  soon surprised to find his head hurt like heaven and ambled, groaning, to his room while holding his head. The others, being clueless, shrugged and assumed it was just brain freeze or a migraine. Niffty looked sympathetic, as she herself had really bad headaches sometimes. But Mimzy knew the truth. It wasn't brain freeze, or a migraine. It was the Second Death's poison starting to take effect.

They found Angel collapsed on his bed, curled up, trying to sleep the pain away. He wouldn't wake, and his fur felt like flower petals. "There's only one poison that has these effects," Charlie whispered. "The Second Death, which grows in my parents' garden. At the very least, he's in a coma. But who stole it from my parents? Their security isn't exactly very lax. And why this poison? Well, I think I might know the answer. Not even the Apples of Sin have this effect. The truth is..." The entire entourage held their breath. "There's a 20% chance that even if he survives, he'll never be able to feel love again, and we won't know for the first two days. It'll be a miracle if he survives. The plants in my parents' garden are the deadliest plants in Hell."

Alastor spent a lot of time by Angel's bedside, reading or sleeping or eating in a chair, only leaving to shower or go to the toilet. He secretly hoped that Angel would get better and be able to feel love again, because maybe he could get the most precious secret off his chest. But that would have to wait. He'd called Snow and Molly, the only family members who ever seemed to care, and they began to stay. Snow and Molly shared a room, which was half ice blue and half hot pink. The duo looked amazing together. They were both more badass than they looked. They shared Angel's toxic bite. The spider demon's resistance to venom or poison of any kind was the only thing keeping him alive. Waves of shakes kept overtaking his body, sometimes he was said to nod or shake his head when he was asked a question, which was good since Charlie said it was a good sign, his consciousness was still there somewhere, and all the exercise made sure his brain was exercising as well. 

Alastor was convinced she was lying. But then again, nobody knew the garden's poisons like Charlie and her parents. If Charlie said the Second Death's poison was losing its hold, it probably was. Probably. But everyone knew in their very souls that that wasn't quite enough.

Mimzy was long gone, promising herself she'd return to the demon she was so convinced was her true love. Niffty noted that the hallways were a little too clean. Snow and Molly were pretty depressed without Angel. He powered them up like a battery. If their power supply of happiness was out, they'd refill by visiting Angel, whose charismatic personality was a beacon of happiness to them. Henroin and Arackniss showed no sign of wanting to visit, like the heartless bastards they were, although let's be serious, what do you really expect from THEM? All the staff of the Hazbin tried hard to attend to Angel. One day, though, the list of men Angel wanted to fuck(remember it?) wafted down from Angel's wardrobe, where it was usually kept. Alastor caught it mid-air and read it, blushing more with every word he read. All the names wre crossed out, except  his own, which was circled in pink ink. Underneath it, in the same pink ink, was the writing 'Confess on ____________." The date was crossed out and written next to it was the word Never. There were tear stains on the paper. Alastor was stunned. So he did mean those words... He felt something unfamiliar, something he hadn't felt in ages. He brushed it away, telling it to wait. The confession would come if and when Angel woke up.

A/N: Snow's name is also a street name for cocaine, so she fits the drug family theme.