Fanart!!!!

Fanart done by PC_Draws

In honour of his fanart, have some backstory!

Julianna ran, laughing as she went. Her blonde hair trailed behind her in a ponytail. Her white ribbon was grimy, her rosy cheeks smudged with mud. She was fifteen, a noblewoman's daughter, dressed in her mother's old clothes. She wanted to get them dirty, and this would certainly do the trick. Blue-eyed. Blonde-haired. A perfect little doll of a girl, something the rough alley boys wanted to manhandle, and then break, spilling her pieces across the filthy streets. And someone the perverted, rich suitors wanted to have for their perfect, obedient wife. But she was someone who was more than met the eye.

They saw her as Lady Julianna.

The miscreants in the alleyways knew her as Julie.

She trudged along to Henry, smiling to herself as she went by. Her mother and father didn't know about Henry. He was her escape. The only thing that they couldn't control.

The miserable snot-nosed aristocrats said opposites attract.

But inside, she knew they were the very same.

She vaguely recalled her sister. Maybelle. What her parents had always wanted, a little doll to play with, a puppet to control until the time came to marry her off to some old, rich, foreign lord with a terrible sense of humour and a shrivelled little dick.

She didn't roll her eyes at the mud-caked suffrage, but instead watched in wonder from her father's carriage. She knew she was somehow different from almost all of the girls. Not all of the pretty little heiresses knew exactly how to kick a man in the nuts and have it bleed, and not all of the ragamuffins on the street knew how to read and write. She supposed she was the best of both worlds.  Or was she the worst?

She remembered the feeling of pride in her mother's eyes when she looked at Maybelle. She'd seen a second chance for the perfect daughter, the one she'd always wanted.  Then, the look of utter disgust and contempt as her gaze shifted to Julianna in her muddy dress and unkempt hair. She could almost read her thoughts whispering The one gone wrong. Gone wild, rogue, traitor to the perfect little world that she was born to break and Maybelle was born to protect.

Someone different.