Firepower

Kai sat by the monastery steps, his hair still damp from his shower. Kai needed time alone. Though his eyes were now back to their regular dark brown, he was still struggling to comprehend what happened to him. After what Sensei Wu said, he knew something wasn't right.

He'd usually believe anything his Sensei told him but, he can't control what was happening, he feels useless, and he hated it.

What is happening to him?

He didn't conjure his dragon because he didn't want to risk using his powers, in fear of them? Maybe.

Besides he hasn't done that in a while. He remembered how confident he was when he conjured it for the first time. They needed to fight Chen, and they were stuck on his island.

Now the entire endeavor felt like a distant memory. So much has happened since then. He didn't want to dwell on his past for too long, he knew it would only make things worse.

He acknowledged all the good memories he's made in the past few years, but right now, the only thing he thought of was the bad experiences he lived through.

He cleared the intrusive thoughts and stood up. A walk. That's what he needed right now.

He was about to descend the stairs when he heard someone call out for him.

"Kai! Where are you going?" Nya said approaching Kai.

"I- I'm just going for a walk," Kai said nervously, trying to keep his distance.

Nya knew her brother was not telling the entire truth, and unlike her friends, she intended to do something about it. She needed to tell her what had happened.

"You've always been a bad liar Kai. Since we were kids. But listen, something happened. Sensei Wu, something going on."

She went up to him and put her hand on his shoulder, which he jerked away from.

"Kai...I know about your powers. I know that they're getting stronger but there's something they didn't tell you. I overheard Wu talking about it and- and he lied to me, lied to us! Whatever is going on, we can go through it together!"

"What?! Wu lied?" He said still facing away from his sister. What was Wu hiding?

"Your body is absorbing fire-It doesn't matter!" Nya breathed trying to regain composure. "Kai, I know about your powers and how you're not entirely sure that 'spike' went away. I know you're worried about them but you have me, Lloyd, Zane, Jay, Cole, and the list just goes on. You have people to help you in your time of need,"

"Nya-"

"You'll be fine you always turn out fine! You're Kai, you always find something! You're my older brother, it's your job and you've always been so good at it!"

"Nya stop."

"Come on Kai for once don't hide your problems and just share them-"

"I SAID STOP!"

Kai whipped around to face Nya as fire emerged from his hand, grazing Nya's shoulder and causing her to ricochet off the wall.

"What's going on?" Lloyd yelled running out the door with the other ninjas.

Kai said nothing as he stumbled backward.

Jay ran to Nya, who was definitely shell shocked

He turned to face Kai, "What did you do!?"

"I- I'm sorry," Kai mumbled, eyes wide. How could he hurt Nya, the one person he's always tried to protect? Even when she didn't need his protection anymore.

Jay responded to Kai with anger in his tone.

"Sorry won't cut it this time pal!"

With nothing else to say Kai quickly conjured his dragon, which seemed to be brighter and more feral than usual, thrashing and roaring uncontrollably. Kai jumped on the creature, and with no more words said, he left.

Zane and Cole ran out as the dragon took off.

Both joined Nya's side, Zane tending to her burn as Lloyd stared into the distance, the fire dragon slowly disappearing.

He raked his hand through his hair, "What have we done?"
___

Wu sat in front of a small portrait containing two little boys holding a wooden sword with one hand and the other wrapped around each other's back.

"I miss you, brother," he sighed, putting out the candle next to the photo.

"Sensei! Sensei!" Lloyd yelled as he entered the room.

"What have I told you about interrupting meditation, Lloyd?" Asked Sensei slightly agitated.

"I'm sorry Sensei but it's an emergency. Kai... left."

Wu's head immediately turned and faced Lloyd,
"Tell me what happened."

And that's exactly what Lloyd did. He told him how they heard Nya get knocked into the wall, how scared Kai looked, how mad Jay seemed, how bright Kai's dragon was, and how he left.

"Is Nya okay?" Asked Wu's eyes focused on the ground.

"She's fine. Shaken up, but fine."

"I see. You are still troubled by something, Something else."

"It's Kai, I'm nervous. He didn't seem like what he did was intentional. He seemed... scared. But not scared of us or anything around him. He was scared of himself."

"Once Nya is ready have her and P.I.X.A.L track his heat signature... Immediately. We must see if Kai is okay." Said Wu, avoiding Lloyd's concern.

"Okay Sensei," Lloyd said as he left the room, slightly questioning his Sensei.

Wu sighed and mumbled to himself,

"Kai... what have you begun?"

A/N:
This chapter was deleted and I had to rewrite it A TON of times! So I'm sorry to get it out so late. Also, I'm open to suggestions soooo suggest away!!!