The Critical Health of Power

A/N: I wasn't sure what to make the cover of this chapter so I just drew one! I hope you like it!

*In the Monastery*

As they extracted Kai from the vehicle as gently as possible, they proceeded to bring him to the technology lab where they can examine him. The majority of his body was still broken and his powers were most likely unstable, but all the ninja cared about was getting their brother back.

They were all terrified of their brother. They felt useless. This was out of their hands and they had to find someone to blame other than themselves. They had nothing else to do except for be angry.

Angry at each other, angry at their Sensei, angry at Fest, even angry at Kai. But it was their only solution.

"How was Kai angry all the time yet so put together..." Lloyd thought as P.I.X.A.L hooked Kai up to an IV.

They stared at their helpless friend, yearning for better, easier times. But they knew that those days would be gone if Kai didn't recover. No.... they couldn't think about that. Kai will get better, no matter what it takes.

"So... what do we do now?" Jay asked being the first person to talk since they've arrived back at the Monetary.

Zane replied as he finished analyzing Kai's injuries, "It seemed the machine feeding off Kai's fire also damaged his body. His power is practically running through his veins and a 'part' of him, therefore it was slowly destroying him. In addition to that, the building collapsed mostly on him due to the chains, leaving the majority of his bones broken. We have machines slowly healing him right now, but it will take time. I'm sorry, I wish I could do more."

"You're doing more than enough Zane. Thank you." Said Cole who was currently holding an ice pack up to his chin.

"Thank P.I.X.A.L as well... her machines are what is currently healing Kai," Wu said.

"You think you deserve a thank you? WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION... no... KAI WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU LYING TO US!" Nya yelled.

"I know and I'm sorry..." P.I.X.A.L said quietly.

Jay responded, "How many times will I have to say sorry won't cut it!"

And soon enough they're arguing blended into each other and everyone was yelling.

"ENOUGH!" Lloyd shouted, gaining all of their attention.

Lloyd took a breath and continued, "Fighting won't do us good. It's not helping us and it's certainly not helping Kai! Fest is just gonna keep looking for Kai and we have to find a way to defeat him and we are not gonna get that done if we are all fighting! Yes, Wu and P.I.X.A.L lied to us, but haven't we all done that before? Kept something from one another to keep each other safe. Or what we thought was keeping them safe. Can't we just put aside our disagreements for one minute? For Kai?"

"You're right," Cole said. 
"Kai wouldn't want this."

They all gave a nod of agreement.

"I do not think Emanuel knows about Samurai X's hideout. We can go there for now." P.I.X.A.L said.

"That's a great idea." Said Lloyd.

And soon enough they were all on their way to gather their stuff and get ready for another trip.
________________________________
*Outside monastery where the Ninja are packing*

"Zane, please. I'm sorry." P.I.X.A.L said.

"I understand why you lied to the team PIX I do.... but me? I thought we would keep nothing from each other."

"Zane I didn't want to, but I made a promise..."

"And it wasn't a promise when I told you I loved you?"

They both stared at each other in longing and loss.

"Zane please- I. I'm sorry"

"As Jay said, sorry won't cut it."

Zane walked away from P.I.X.A.L without looking back. Both of their hearts were shattered.

They always thought they had each other, but now, even with the rest of the Ninja and Sensei, they felt alone.

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story. I'm busy with school now that it's at home which is frankly a lot more difficult than I thought... well remember I always take constructive criticism!