The Power of an Ambush

*With the ninja in Samurai ax's headquarters*

The hours have been passing by with little climax. Kai has gained the energy to walk but the bruised and broken bones pain him greatly. He felt as if he could collapse at any moment and it certainly did not help that his teammates were constantly surveilling his every move.
They had every right to worry, but Kai did not enjoy the attention. It made him feel guilty for all that's happened. If anything... he was relieved his power was gone. It means this thing he had to bear was finally off his shoulders, yet it felt like it grew ten pounds heavier. Yet, at the same time, his powers were a part of him. It was his connection to his parents, his responsibility, it is what made him unique.

"Hey man, are you okay?" Jay said to Kai for the seventh time in the past hour.

Kai let out a repressed cough as he claimed, "I'm fine."

"Kai? I owe you an apology."

"Jay, stop it. It's fin-" Kai attempted to reassure as Jay interrupted.

"No, it's not fine. You are one of my best friends and the second you slipped up I chased you away. I am so so so sorry."

"We all did things we regret. If I could go back, I would have never left and I'd solve it all with you; but sadly we cannot go back. Only forward." Kai said supporting his rib with his hand.

"Jeez don't go all Wu on me." Jay retorted.

They sat there together in silence while time passed, They knew there wouldn't be a quiet moment like this again, so they would enjoy it as brothers.

Somewhere else in the large bunker that seemed too small sat Cole and Zane attempting to clean the medbay where Kai was laying just a few hours ago. Cole kept sharing short glances with Zane but never said anything, he felt like it was not his place.

But then, Zane began to speak: "If there is something you wish to tell me, tell me."

"Well... I understand why you are angry with P.I.X.E.L  I do because I would be too. Yet, you have to understand where she came from."

"Maybe I should have let you remain silent." Zane sighed.

"ZANE! Get your head outta your butt. She did it because she cares for you! She thought she could solve this problem without worrying about you. She didn't want you to worry about your brother."

"Yes, and look where that brought us.

"Just... think about it." Cole finished.

"GUYS," Nya shouted from a distant room.

"THEY FOUND US!"
____________________________________________________
*With the Ninja in the main area of the bunker*

"They are approaching the entrance... prepare your weapons!" Wu shouted.

All the ninja grabbed their weapons, but when Kai grabbed his sword from his back, he winced in pain.

Nya turned out of formation to his brother and said, "Kai... maybe you should sit out."

"No. We need all of us for this. I'm going to fight." Kai burst out. Though his powers were gone, the spark in his attitude was always there.

After their small argument, a pounding began at the large door. They all tensed up and waited.....

Bang. Bang Bang.

Silence

"Did they... leave?" Cole questioned.

BANG!

The door blasted open with human-sized versions of the robots and mini tanks at the entrance.

"You had to ask!" Jay shouted

And then...

The real fight began.