Powerful

*With everyone in the Samurai X Headquarters*

There was no stopping it. Everyone was ready to put in their all, fight for what was worth fighting for. The armies ran and converged in blood. Using their abilities to mow through the enemy. Then... Kai locked eyes with Fest, and something boiled within him. He was the only person who did not run into battle; his pain was too strong. Yet, when he was Fest all of that melted away.

He dropped the crutch that supported him and soon a pattern of stumbling and limping, evolved into a fast sprint. Kai grabbed his swords and adrenaline rushed through him. He fought through soldiers as lasers of hot fire pierced his skin. None of it bothered him as he had one goal, get to Fest and make him pay.

Everyone watched as Kai sliced and pounded his way through the army and they were in a daze. Where did Kai get this sudden burst of emotion and the spark that resigned within him? Though he could not muster up his powers, he had years of fighting like a ninja and he rarely lost.

"WHAT IS HE DOING?!?! HE'S GETTING SHOT!" Jay shouted as he defended himself from the oversized robot.

"I don't think he really cares Jay! Look at him! He's definitely not holding back!" Cole yelled as he leveled a piece of the ground knocking over several of his opponents.

Kai was inching closer and closer to Fest with energy flowing through him. He was two to three feet away when he swung his swords towards the man he grew to hate the man who tortured him for what felt like months. Then suddenly, like a hammer swinging down on a nail, Fest pressed his fingers to his chest and a Ten-Ton Mech sprouted around him and hit Kai full force sending him flying across the building into the large, now cracked, screen.

"KAI!" Nya shouted as she retreated from her battle to help her brother.

"Nya...NO!" Kai grunted as he supported himself on his knee.

The reason he shouted so urgently was that he saw something coming from his peripheral vision, something bad. Fest's large Mechanical Arm raised itself and was aimed at Nya. Soon a large red orange-ish red ball of fire burst from the large fist and flew towards Nya. Suddenly, everything was frozen. Jay's scream for Nya echoed with Zane's blast of ice that tried but couldn't catch up with the fire. Yet the loudest shout of all came from Kai.

Though he knew trying to use his powers would be pretty much useless, he had to try. He shouted louder than he ever had before, louder than when he was tortured, and louder than when he fought any battle. To his and everyone else's astonishment, right before the flame hit Nya, it curved and flew right back towards Fest. It shot right into the large Mech knocking it over and denting it severely. It was Kai, he moved the fire. Soon after he did, he fell unconscious, though he lost the fight, he saved his sister.

But at what cost?

And without the full team, they had no chance. Cole had been injured while fighting the larger robot and the fire had shortcircuited Zane's mainframe. The Samurai X suit was outmatched so P.I.X.A.L was forced to evacuate it. Jay had met up with Nya and they managed to take out a few more robots. Wu had been taking down most of the robots but he was not what he once was, and had to find higher ground. Even Lloyd was beaten, pinned down by a robot three times his size. There was nothing they could do, they lost this fight.

"What do we do now?" Zane raised his voice so everyone could hear him from the different corners of the echoey room.

"We must retreat!" Sensei Wu said as he used Spinjizu to get through a row of robots as scientists.

Nya and Jay both supported Kai and lifted him up. Nya flooded the floor and Jay used lightning to temporarily disable all the robots and even shock Fest's large suit. They raced Kai across the chasm and burst through the demolished front door. They cluttered into The Land Bounty and managed to make their escape.