Power Preserved

A/N: I DREW THE PIC ABOVE!!! It isn't the best and I've done better but I'm proud of it. :) Anyways enjoy!
*With the ninja in the desert*

"What just happened?!?" Cole exclaimed getting up from the ground and brushing the sand off his clothes.

"I'll tell you! We just got our asses kicked by being PICKED UP LIKE TIC TACS, saw one of our friends become a human sponge for PAIN, and then lost that friend to a bunch of evil GIANT ROBOTS!!!!" Yelled Jay, short of breath.

"Guys!" Lloyd yelled as the rest of the Ninja's eyes swarmed towards him for guidance.

"We should not be fighting or complaining right now! We should be focusing on finding and saving Kai."

"And how would we do that," Nya sighed.

"It was nearly impossible finding Kai when he was hiding but now someone is hiding him."

Lloyd began,

"I- I don't know guys... I know I'm supposed to be your leader but... I'm lost. Without Kai we all are. Even though he was a hothead and-"

"Don't use his name in the past tense." Cole interrupted.

"Right, sorry.  Even though he is a hothead, he's our anchor. I don't know where to go from here."

They all took a moment to catch up with themselves and come to terms with what was happening. Their friend was taken, their Sensei was lying to them, and now they have to save their friend before who knows what happens. Soon Zane's head popped up with a small grin across his face.

"I know where to go first," Zane said enthusiastically.

"Where," asked Lloyd

"Kai's father."
________________________________

*With Kai in... Unknown*

Kai's vision was blurry as he regained consciousness. His entire body was in an indescribable amount of pain and he only had two emotions,
Anger and fear.

When he regained full consciousness he woke up in chains (See picture above) and was in the center of a large white room with one single one-sided window. Through the tinted window, he could vaguely see a large desk and a man. The man was still a rock, but as soon as he noticed Kai was conscious he straightened his back.

"Ah, You're awake. Good! Now we may begin our studies,"

Kai tried to move but his entire body was aching and he was exhausted.

"If you are still unaware of who I am, let me introduce myself. My name is Dr. Fest, and I plan on making the world a safer place." The man says peering through the glass.

Kai smirked and said, "And how are you gonna improve the world? By chaining everyone up and preaching rehearsed lines of dialogue. Yeah, I don't think that'll work."

The man began to pace, obviously aggravated by Kai's snarky comment. Yet he seemed to be down as he looked back down at the desk, admiring what Kai had to assume to be something to hurt him.

Dr. Fest responded saying, "It is really interesting seeing you retaliate knowing that you are chained up with no escape."

"What can I say? I'm an optimist. Oh, and if you don't mind the prisoner asking, why exactly am I here?" Kai asked.

"Wow... he never told you. Well, I might as well continue with my ruse. As I said, I am going to improve Ninjago, and I will use your power to do it."

"You realize it's just fire right? Jeez just light a match or something. Wait.... Fest. I know that name, why do I know that name?" Kai said while rolling his eyes.

The man brushed his hands over the buttons without pressing any of them and chuckled. He said, "Just look on every security camera or home security system in Ninjago, you'll see my name. And saying your fire is ordinary is an insult to your ancestors! Your fire is nothing of the sort! It is unique and more.... powerful. If I poke the bear it becomes agitated, but if I capture the bear, I control it."

Kai was infuriated as he said, "That's what all that was when I couldn't control my power? Poking the bear?!"

"Well, I had to remove you from the pack!" The doctor responded.

"And the question remains. What makes my fire so special?"

"Why of course! You should know your strength! Well, let's come up with another analogy, shall we? I rather like those. If one tries enough to remove the seeds of a strawberry, it is possible, and you are left with multiple seeds to grow many more delicious strawberries."

"And what happens to the original strawberry?" Kai asked, suddenly realizing what Fest was implying.

"Well, that strawberry is rendered useless, maimed, and forgotten. Do you understand where I am going with this?"

"Yeah, I think I can put two and two together. So what's my seed? What are you taking from me? My fire I'm assuming because you seem pretty predictable."

The Doctor inhaled, trying to remain calm.

"Not all of it, just the pure white fire. It is only produced by the elemental master of fire and can only be removed from him or her. at your power, pure blue fire can be removed. It is one of the most powerful flames in Ninjago and I shall have it," The man said as he chuckled.

"Wow, original this time. No 'golden weapons' or 'elemental staff will corrupt those who wield it. Just a man who wants his special lighter. I'm almost impressed if you weren't so pretentious."

Dr. Fest continued saying, "Garmadon and Chen were thinking too big. Why need the all golden weapons or all the elements, when you only need one? These chains you are wearing will constantly burn you with average fire-"

"Someone didn't do their research. I don't burn buddy."

"Exactly, instead it will just seep into your skin until it is too much to handle! Therefore it will release pure beautiful white fire into the walls which will absorb it into our vengestone-infused tanks and it will finally be mine."

Kai looked at his chains as he tried to tug away and realized there was no escape. Finally, he was silent.

"Ah, no retort now? No silly little comeback? I didn't think so. But rest assured because when I have your power. I will do what any smart scientist would do! Make lots and lots of weapons."

Kai mumbled, "Of course."

The doctor began to push buttons and set up the machine and right before he pulled the activation lever he said,

"Now let's get started."