Warning

The Balance
Of light and dark
Is important like you- Author

Edward P.O.V

I drove faster towards Bella's home and parked my car. We all stayed inside in silence as I gripped the steering wheel tighter. 'Why do I have to babysit this good for nothing human?! Mary wouldn't be in this mess if she didn't come with us at all' I thought and I felt a hand on mine causing for me to look and I was about to lash out to who it was, but I stopped when it was Mary's hand on mine.

She rubbed it gently before kissing my knuckles which calms me down a bit and I smiled at her as she did as well. I gently stroked her hand with my thumb in silence until I heard Bella clear her throat at the back of my car.

"What am I supposed to do?" She asked as I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Get your stuff. Me and Mary will wait inside the car."

"We have to make a plan about this. I can't just leave Charlie out of the blue." Bella makes an excuse and Mary seemed to buy it, but not me.

"You can think of what to do. It's your life on the line. I'm sure you have some ideas." I said bluntly as she sighs and gets out the car. Mary looks at me with a raised eyebrow as I shook my head and faced straight ahead.

"She's an adult, Mary. She can take care of herself." I told her as she shook her head and held my hand.

"You didn't have to be so rude though. She may be an adult, but she doesn't know what to do most of the time while you do. You've lived longer then anyone in this generation." Mary said as I looked at her pretty impressed which made me smirk.

"You seem to be maturing quicker, princess." I teased as she rolled her eyes and hit my shoulder, but her proud smile still placed on her face. I gently grabbed her chin and moved it to look at me as I smiled towards her.

"You are the most beautiful human girl, I have ever met. You're probably not even human, but whatever you are. I will still love you no matter what." I told her softly and she smiled.

"I love you too, Eddie." She whispers and I slowly leaned, but backed away when I heard the car door opened and slammed closed.

"Alright, lets go." Bella mumbles as I glared at her for ruining the moment. I growled a little and started the engine before driving out of Bella's driveway. I drove us home and got out the car. I helped Mary out as she smiled thankful towards me.

"Thank you."

"Anytime princess. Anytime." I smiled and kissed her head softly. We heard the car door opened and close knowing Bella had gotten out of the car. I held Mary close to me as the three of us walked towards the house and went inside to see Laurent talking to Carlisle which made me hide Mary behind me.

"Edward, it's alright. His here to help." Carlisle assures as I glared at Laurent watching him closely.

"Why is he here?" I heard Jasper asked as they walked from the back door. Probably back from their hunt.

"I am here to tell you that James is after Mary and Bella. James wanted to turn Mary and keep Bella for Mary to drain." Laurent tells us as we looked at him confused.

"Why turn Mary? I mean James can drain Bella for all I care, but why turn Mary? She did nothing." Rosalie growls as Laurent crossed his arms before turning to face me.

"James saw Mary's beauty and it somehow attracted to him." Laurent explains as I growled and held Mary against me causing for Laurent to notice which made him chuckle.

"I see, she's your blood singer. Interesting." He smirks before looking down towards Mary.

"I do say, she is a fair woman unlike Bella. No wonder James wants you to be his instead of Victoria. Fair as a rose." He said and was about to grab Mary's hand which I quickly moved Mary away from him. Laurent chuckled and shook his head.

"To warn you all. He is going after Bella first. He needs the bait before going after Mary. Be careful. He is obsessed when it comes to fair ladies. It's a pleasure to see you all." He bows and leaves as I moved aside. I looked down at Mary who seemed confused about the situation and it's cute.

"We have to make a plan quick. We can't let James turn Mary." Carlisle said as I hear a scoff knowing it was Bella.

"How come I'm the one that's gonna die?" Bella asked offended from the fact that James chooses her as a live-stock.

"Probably cause your a annoying whiny bitch that everyone wants to kill." Rosalie bluntly said as I held my laughter and everyone did the same except for Emmett.

"Rosalie." Mary started, but I knew she was trying not to smile. Rosalie raises her hands in surrender while Bella's jaw fell down to the floor.

"We need distractions. Bella and Mary will be staying in Phoenix for a while until this whole mess is finished." Carlisle plans out as we nodded.

"Wait, why don't we stay at Jacob and Billy's place? They can help us from James right?" Mary asked and it wasn't really a bad plan, but I don't think it's a good idea to involve the werewolves in our mess.

"Sweetie, as much as we want to place you guys at Jacob and Billy's place, we don't want to bring our problem to theirs. James would do everything to get to you even hurt those you love and I don't think you want to see anyone get hurt." Esme reasons as Mary looked down and I gently rub her back.

"I guess. Sorry, I didn't thought of it." Mary mumbles softly in a sad tone. Esme walks up to her and gently hugged her.

"It's okay, baby girl. It was a smart idea though." Esme assures her which made Mary smile and nod.

"Alright, Mary needs to rest. Bella you may sleep on the couch. I'm sorry, but we don't really have anymore rooms." Carlisle have a small smile.

"Why can't I sleep at Edward's room?" She asked as I rolled my eyes at her.

"I really don't have a bed and I usually lay next to Mary." I told her and she looked disappointed as I smirked internally.

"Fat chance piece of shit." Rosalie laughs making me shake my head, but kept a smile.

"Goodnight everyone." Mary yawns and everyone bid their farewell as I led Mary up the stairs towards her room.