Alternate Ending

Roses are red
White is heaven
Angels fall
To fight for redemption-Author

Mary P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes hearing beeping noises along with some sort of tapping like a pen against a clip board. I look around to see mommy tapping her nails against the arm of a hospital chair while her eyes were close. She might have felt me watching her since her eyes opened and looked at me with a relief before going to my side.

"Oh, baby girl. You're okay." She whispers softly and stroke my hand which made me smile weakly.

"Hi, mommy." I greeted hearing my voice raspy. My throat felt dry as I cough a bit making her look worried.

"It's my throat, don't worry." I reassured her as she closes her eyes while the corner of her lips tilt upwards.

"That's good, your daddy went to get you water so when you wake up, you have something to drink for your throat." She strokes my hair gently as I nod my head slightly telling her I understand. The door opened and Jasper walks inside with a small smile on his face.

"Hey, darling. How are you feeling?" He asked in a small tone of voice as I gave him a weak smile that I gave mommy.

"Other then feeling like a log of wood? I'm okay." I told him causing for mommy and Jasper to laugh while I lighten the mood. Mommy nods her head towards Jasper before giving me a kiss on the head and left the room closing the door behind her. Jasper brought the chair that mommy sat closer to the bed and sat down as he looks at me.

The look on his face shows concern, guilt and sorrow as he slowly held my hand with his cold ones and brought it on his cheek.

"I-I'm sorry. I should have stayed with you. I shouldn't have left you in the motel that would have endangered you. It's all my fault, I'm sorry sweetheart." He tells me while his accent grew thicker. We both knew that if he was still human, he would have tears in his eyes and a lot more guilt. I gave him a smile that I could muster and held his hand tightly as I can.

"Hey, Jas. It's okay. I'm fine. James would have come either way and he would have gotten me too. We both knew that it would be bound to happen and that we can't stop it. I know there's those alternatives that...you would have killed him when he came, but he would have thrown you to another wall and grabbed me other way. You might have tracked my scent, but everything happens for a reason and we can never stop it. Don't blame yourself that it's your fault. Okay?" I assured him softly as he smiles and nods his head.

"Thank you, darling. You always know what to say." He tells me and I smiled back. The door opens as daddy walks in with a cup of water. He walks my bed and gently handed me the water as I moved my head up a little with Jasper's help and drank it. Once I finished, I sighed and laid back down smiling feeling my throat slowly healing.

"Thank you, daddy."

"You're welcome, Baby girl. Anything to help you." He kisses my head and I smiled as he moves away.

"Where's Edward?" I asked confused and Carlisle gave a tight smile before looking at me.

"Arguing with Bella right now." Jasper tells me as I looked at him confused, but he shakes his head which tells me not to question it and I nodded my head.

The door opens and we all looked to see Edward walking inside and gave a tight smile. Jasper and daddy gave their good nights to me before leaving the room for me and Edward.

"Hey, Princess." He greets and sits down as I smiled at him.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked him making him chuckle.

"I should be asking you that. Yeah, I'm okay. Just had a heated argument with 'The Mistake'." He quotes with his fingers before looking away.

"Eddie." I started as he quickly looks at me and raised his hands.

"Okay, okay. The whore." He corrected as I rolled my eyes giggling softly before looking back at him as he chuckles. He leans in as we looked at each other's eyes.

"You were brave yesterday night." He assurés me as I scoff and look towards the ceiling.

"Trust me, I might have pissed my pants." I joked causing for him to laugh as I giggled and looked at him.

"Not gonna lie, but if I were human. I might have shitted my pants too like literally." He laughs as did I.

"Get some rest, baby. You need it right now." He tells me and I nodded as I slowly close my eyes feeling the same soft cold kiss on my head that Edward gives me every night which made me smile as darkness consumes me.

——