Christmas Wonderland

(December 4,2019) -

Today is Jin's birthday and I couldn't be more excited. I get to cook him all his favorite meals and bake a cake. It's going to be a great day. I clean up the house a little then decide to go buy a few party decorations for later. I pull on a pair of jeans with a t-shirt and a thick hoodie. Christmas is coming up soon, so it's getting colder, day by day. I grab Blake out her crib and slip a nice thick, warm jacket on her body. I put a little hat on her head and walk out the door, locking it behind me. I place her in her car seat and strap her in. I warm up the car a little then make my way over to PartyCity.

When we arrive, I take the car seat out the car and place it in the buggy. I walk inside the store and start looking for everything I need. We decided the party will be for 1:30, so until then, the guys are keeping Jin preoccupied for the morning. I grab some cups, plates, and napkins all in dark blue, light blue and gray colors to match. Since he likes the color blue, why not get a bunch of blues ? I grab a few balloons in each color then head to the front to checkout. I pay with my card and thank the cashier. I walk back out to the parking lot and put all the items in the car. I grab Blake out the buggy and put her in the car. She is still asleep and I'm glad. I can get all this work done faster.

I head back home and start setting up the decorations. I'm don't have to pick up the cake until 12:30-1:00 so I take my time. After I set up the decorations, I start making the food dishes in the kitchen. Jin likes to eat lobster, meat, and naengmyeon (Korean cold noodles). While I was cooking the meat, I had to put it on hold so I could feed Blake. When I finished, I took her to the kitchen with me and sat her in her highchair to watch her while I cook. I give her a teething pacifier with ice on the inside to help with her teething. Her bottom front teeth are starting to erupt so she has been up at night in pain. My poor little baby. I also give her some soft foods like pureed bananas and peaches while I let the meat cook. After, I hand her her toy keys and she just rattles them all around.

Soon the meat is finished and all that's left are the noodles and the lobster has to be seasoned. It's close to party time, so I need to leave to pick up the cake.

Addy is on her way to bring me to get the cake and pick up a present. I put the meat and lobster in the oven and clean up a little while I wait for her to pull up. She soon arrives and beeps the horn for me to come outside. I grab Blake and put her in her car seat and head outside, locking my front door behind me. I strap Blake's seat next to Mason's then get in on the passenger side. Mason isn't to happy about being in his seat I guess because he starts screaming and crying. "I know baby. I know it hurts." Addy says as he still cries.

"What's wrong ?" I ask turning around in my seat to look at him in the mirror strapped to the headrest.

"His incisors are coming in along with his first two molars. One on the top and one on the bottom."

"Poor baby. Blake's teething too. This might help him a little. I filled Blake's pacifier with water and stuck it in the freezer. She loves it." Addy nods her head with a smile. "Thanks so much." I give her a smile then to try to help calm down Mason.

We reach the cake shop and I run inside to grab the cake. I pay the lady behind the counter and thank her. I open the box and look at the cake and it's beautiful. It's a small blue icing cake with a few cupcakes around it in light blue and grey icings. "It looks really good." I nod my head in agreement. Next, we head to the store so we can buy presents. Not to mention, I have to start shopping for Christmas gifts as well.

We pull into the parking lot and find a spot to park. We take the babies out the car and grab a buggy. I place Blake's seat in the back of the buggy and Addy puts Mason in the front. We walk into the store and find something he might like. After we pick the present for him, we go to the card isle to pick a card. We both find a nice card and grab a birthday bag. When we picked up everything we needed, we head to the front to check out. It takes a little while since there are hardly any lanes open, but we soon get to the front to pay. After we pay, we thank the lady then head back out to the car. Mason loved being strapped in the buggy so much, he didn't want to get out.