6.

Alexander's POV

"I want all old employees' files with every single information about them. Get them on my table as soon as possible." I finished my order. Nodding furiously the manager ran, I hope to accomplish his job.

My eyes moved from the man who just ran out to the man who I once trusted as the person to bark orders in this company.

A company that belongs to me. I have it to him too and he destroyed its very image. 

My company is in debt.  Fucking my company!!!!

"Mr. Jordan I feel disappointed to say but I am not impressed with the way you handle this company," I said squinting my eyes.  The old man and CEO gulped. Fear was evident in his eyes. And he should be. When I bought this company and partnered with him, I trusted him and so decided to keep it in his name as I didn't have the time to visit London from New York for petty issues.
But seeing the falls in our profit and the debts we are immersed in,  I had no option left other than taking matters into my hand.

Four years. I don't know who handled my company for the last 4 years and before that. But they dented my company for sure. 
And I hate people who fail their tasks.

"I am sorry Mr.Russo." his sorry won't solve anything. I pinched the bridge between my forehead. He is looking down.  Where he should after what he did he shouldn't have the right to look into my eyes.

He is a good man but a very bad businessman and that was my mistake,  I judged him by character, not by his abilities. 

"Where is the secretary you were talking so highly off?" I asked. From the time I stepped into this office, all Mr.Jordan talked about is his secretary. Efficient, hard-working, helping, punctual, etc are the adjectives, he used, to describe her. I don't know about the others but the last one is wrong.

As she is already 20 mins late. I hate tardiness. Time is expensive. And if she doesn't know this she doesn't deserve to be here.

No wonder the company is in this state. If employees like her are termed as good then I don't even want to know,  who are the bad ones in this company. 

After a while, the employee from earlier entered with all the employee's files stacked in his hand.  He was starting,  his hands shaking and he was looking at me nervously. 

He was being very careful as if scared that one mistake and his faith is also doomed.

If anyone who till now, has impressed me in this company is this guy.

What was his name?

Yes,  Henry Miller. 

This man knows more about the statics of this company than his boss.

He is quick to follow orders and does them in a flick of a finger.

So one thing he shouldn't worry about is his job.  Because he is an asset.  This boy may look like a nerd but he is a shrewd one. The only problem is his confidence.  He doesn't trust himself enough.

I don't know why looking at his nervous state my mind drifts back to the woman who I met at the party. 

She looks as nervous as Henry around,  why I have no idea. There is one more thing that makes me think about her is her eyes. Her forest-green eyes.  For some reason, they held my stare in a nice grip. I search for something in those forest-green eyes,  what? I don't know. 

She is more on my mind than I would like her to be.  Hence not wanting that to happen,  I shake her thoughts off and focus on the man sitting in front of me.